Posting pictures,why only 15 kb

Swamppifi

I am gaving problems posting pictures on the forum

Some times I can post 254kb, other times it is limiting me to 15.4kb

What is the correct way to post a decent photo in posts

Thanks

When you type a reply, click "More Reply Options" before typing out your response. In there, you can add attachments; please be cautions of huge pictures. Those pictures will be saved and can be used later if you click "My Media" in any post toolbar.

You can also host elsewhere and embed like from a public Google drive of yours or something like that. Again, please avoid attaching extremely large images.

Anything uploaded to the "Attachments" or "My Media" as of right now will be always there. I am looking into the possibility of allowing users to delete them after uploading. If anyone is aware of how to do that, let me know.

Otherwise you will have to ask me to remove anything manually and I will probably make you buy me a beer to do so :P.

I am looking into the possibility of allowing users to delete them after uploading. If anyone is aware of how to do that, let me know.

Under "My Settings" there's the option to "Manage Attachments". This is where your uploaded content goes and you're free to remove that. When you do, the image as linked within your forum post disappears while the rest of the post remains.

I ran into this problem when I was posting pics for my Cluster topic and eventually ran out of room. My pics are currently hosted for free by PhotoBucket.

Otherwise you will have to ask me to remove anything manually and I will probably make you buy me a beer to do so :P.

If we were to meet you'd get that beer anyways. :)

Under "My Settings" there's the option to "Manage Attachments". This is where your uploaded content goes and you're free to remove that. When you do, the image as linked within your forum post disappears while the rest of the post remains.

I ran into this problem when I was posting pics for my Cluster topic and eventually ran out of room. My pics are currently hosted for free by PhotoBucket.

If we were to meet you'd get that beer anyways. :)

Ah, there is that settings. I was a little out of it when looking around. I have a lot more crap on my screen due to my permissions. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for the beer. I'm a regular at DerbyCon ;)

As for the beer. I'm a regular at DerbyCon ;)

Myeah.... Kentucky USA at the end of september... Not very likely.

Huge distance to cross and even if I could get work to foot the bill I also have an important family birthday in that timeframe so I guess you're going to have to settle for a raincheck for the time being.

Myeah.... Kentucky USA at the end of september... Not very likely.

Huge distance to cross and even if I could get work to foot the bill I also have an important family birthday in that timeframe so I guess you're going to have to settle for a raincheck for the time being.

He brought his own cooler last year... Derbycon is the same week as my birthday, still going!

when ever I get to america , maybe next year with work, I will buy the first round...

As for photobucket, I thought It wasn't supported, I have tried before , and it come up as unsupported format.

or am I doing something wrong...

Your answer is correct cooper , you go to settings - manage attachments.

I had 487 of 500kb used, explains why my kb was decreasing each time.

So next question

What other photo hosting sites can we use to host photos...

You must be doing something wrong. It's dead-easy. Upload to their site, there's a bit of flash next to an image that will copy the direct link to the image onto your clipboard. Paste it here between to img tags and you're done.

I honestly can't imagine how they could make it simpler.