mk5 not connecting to internet

brazen

here are my settings with wp5.sh

Pineapple Netmask [255.255.255.0]:
Pineapple Network [172.16.42.0/24]:
Interface between PC and Pineapple [eth0]:
Interface between PC and Internet [wlan0]:
and then nothing... i am able to connect to mk5 and login... when i do and I go to the Network tile and click on Internet IP: show... it shows Error Connecting
I have mk5 ethernet connected to computer and computer connected to wifi (not pineapple)
I am attempting to update to 1.3 firmware.
please advise.
brazen

post-46582-0-77424100-1398202124_thumb.p

my computer is connected to pineapple via Ethernet.

My computer is connected to Internet via wifi, so my ip is 192.168.x.x

I am running the script on a Mac OS X terminal, not using sudo.

I downloaded

wget http://wifipineapple.com/mk5/wp5.sh

chmod +x wp5.sh

sudo bash wp5.sh

Edit ... not using sudo... Doing ./wp5.sh

Edited by brazen

I downloaded

chmod +x wp5.sh

sudo bash wp5.sh

I'm not familiar with Mac OS X. I believe the wp5.sh is for a Linux OS. The link below May help with setting up for the Mac.

http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/index.php/Internet_Connection_Sharing#OSX_with_VMware_Fusion

I downloaded

chmod +x wp5.sh

sudo bash wp5.sh

You do need sudo for the commands to work - and MacOSX sadly isn't configurable through this script. You'll need to follow the guide on our wiki page.

Please note that it isn't the Pineapple's or the Script's fault - OSX keeps changing the way ICS works and it doesn't work very reliably.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

ok

Merlin, in the link you provided, look at the screenshots. It shows ./wp5.sh being ran successfully.

Yes, you are correct. The screenshots show the wp5.sh script running successfully in a virtual Kali instance running within VMware Fusion with the Mac OS as the host operating system.

it's working on kali machine.

i am wondering if this particular iMac is having some type of 'issue' as even when every other device connects to AP kali, this specific device will not browse internet when connected to kali AP, however all the other iMacs, iPads, iPhones, etc... all connect. i must have done something to this one that it doesn't do anything in relation to mk5.

weird

lemme know if I should start a new thread or not...

I downloaded firmware 1.3.0 from https://wifipineapple.com/?downloads

i went to install it and it was unsuccessful [upgrade failed.]

HOWEVER, i went to reflash it with the 1.2.0 and it was successful.

but i would like to do the 1.3.0 upgrade... any ideas as to why I can't get the 1.3.0 to flash?

it's working on kali machine.

i am wondering if this particular iMac is having some type of 'issue' as even when every other device connects to AP kali, this specific device will not browse internet when connected to kali AP, however all the other iMacs, iPads, iPhones, etc... all connect. i must have done something to this one that it doesn't do anything in relation to mk5.

weird

it's not you, it's apple and their stupid hard coded internet connection sharing settings.

If you fail via the infusions on the Web Interface, then look at the other threads on 1.3.0 upgrade issues or start a new one. Is this thread answered?

any ideas as to why I can't get the 1.3.0 to flash?

I had no trouble at all via the Web Interface with the pineapple connected to the internet. It's not the only way, but is probably the easiest.

Edited by fringes

it's not you, it's apple and their stupid hard coded internet connection sharing settings.

i'm not doing this on apple, i'm doing this on kali

Are you doing the 1.3.0 upgrade via SSH or via the MarkV web interface?

I am doing this by setting dip switches up, up, up, up, down; going to 192.168.1.1; uploading file I downloaded firmware 1.3.0 from https://wifipineapple.com/?downloads ; the 1.3.0 file will not go. i get an error every time. but the 1.2.0 file works perfect every time.

i'll go and search 1.3.0 threads about that issue... thanks

edit ~ where are the posts

look at the other threads on 1.3.0 upgrade issues

where are the 1.3.0 upgrade issue threads? i don't see them

Edited by brazen

i'll go and search 1.3.0 threads about that issue... thanks

edit ~ where are the posts

where are the 1.3.0 upgrade issue threads? i don't see them

There are none that I am aware of.

In regards to why the DIP switch upgrading doesn't work with 1.3.0, they are different files. You will need to use the 1.2.0 file we supplied and then upgrade to 1.3.0 through the webinterface. Or by following our "Upgrading Manually" instructions here. Those instructions work for 1.3.0. The bottom ones require a special file which is linked in that part of the instructions. A normal upgrade-1.2.0.bin or upgrade.1.3.0.bin will not work.

EDIT: I just read that you are attempting to upgrade via the recovery webinterface. This is wrong and NOT the way to go about upgrading your WiFi Pineapple MKV. You should be using the WIFi Pineapple MKV's webinterface for it. Only if you are bricked should you attempt to use the recovery webinterface - and only with the file we give you in the instructions! Doing otherwise CAN break your device permanently.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

brazen: can you log into your MarkVs web interface or SSH into your MarkV? As Seb said above, if you are not at 1.3.0 yet the web interface is the best and easiest way to go. If you can't log into your web interface, follow Sebs link above for the manual upgrade via SSH. The manual upgrade are pretty through if you have to go that route.

Seb,

I agree. I dont want to do dip switch either, however, when i login to mk5 on the 1.2.0 firmware, and go to upgrade to 1.3.0, it downloads the file and acts as though it is upgrading firmware. I did this several times. The last time i did it this way, i left it going overnight until i got back the next morning. Figuring that it was done, i did a reboot on mk5. Ill try again and report back mañana.

Sorry... Got busy and just pushed post. I have done that, even re opening browser, ./wp5.sh again, and go to mk5 in ice weasel. And it then fails to load

Ill do this all again tomorrow from office and document correctly instead of from memory.