integrating snoopy with the Mark v

bytedeez

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome, only problem is my inexperience doesn't allow me to install the install.sh file

i get the following error

cp: cannot stat `snoopy': No such file or directory
cp: target `/home/byte1337/snoopy/' is not a directory
chown: cannot access `/home/byte1337/snoopy': No such file or directory
[!] Failed to extract files :(
i'm sure this is a common issue i just havn't found the right answer for it.
have tried running it as root, putting ~/ before the file name. doing chmod x+. 775 and 777
still nothing. lol
Edited by damavox

Looks awesome, only problem is my inexperience doesn't allow me to install the install.sh file

i get the following error

cp: cannot stat `snoopy': No such file or directory
cp: target `/home/byte1337/snoopy/' is not a directory
chown: cannot access `/home/byte1337/snoopy': No such file or directory
[!] Failed to extract files :(
i'm sure this is a common issue i just havn't found the right answer for it.
have tried running it as root, putting ~/ before the file name. doing chmod x+. 775 and 777
still nothing. lol

Ummm thats when do you get this fun stuff ?

i guess you login as user byte1337 and then git clone https://github.com/molotof/Snoopy

then you go in Snoopy dir then you go and sudo ./install.sh

let me know what happens after you do this, but please nuke your installation and redo it again , i do this quick in VMware

guess i was going about it the wrong way.

Was using vi and copying the script over.

i will try it using git clone and let you know how it goes

Its not just a script , there is server files and drone files and database files, it so amazing i tell you, i found it because you mentioned it and been trying to get it to work since then.

Thank you very much for working on this Molotov, and thanks damavox for bringing it up

I'm going to give this a try this weekend in VM.

Could you guys keep us updated on your progress (and possible problems/fixes you run into).

LOL it is pretty amazing.

I realize its more than just the install script but the rest look easy to install. So i started with the most difficult for me first.

working on the git clone now, never used this method before but from the tut it looks pretty straight forward.

Thank you very much for working on this Molotov, and thanks damavox for bringing it up

I'm going to give this a try this weekend in VM.

Could you guys keep us updated on your progress (and possible problems/fixes you run into).

Your welcome, i am going by trial and error and getting things solved step by step as i guess the original author abandoned it or stopped working on it since its first release maybe because it was not presented correctly until it got on the news with a hexacopter having a payload of a rasperypi running kali armhf with the snoopy drone payload calling home which is the server side which in turn runs all the sslstriping and geolocation and powerful maltego transform , holy crap a moly if the pineapple has these in it as drone it would a very cool tool to have, just think about it LOL

Ummm thats when do you get this fun stuff ?

i guess you login as user byte1337 and then git clone https://github.com/molotof/Snoopy

then you go in Snoopy dir then you go and sudo ./install.sh

let me know what happens after you do this, but please nuke your installation and redo it again , i do this quick in VMware

Thanks for your help!!!!! although the errors still appear the install script kept running and i was able to get pass the "cp cannot stat errors"... installing now!!!

ok so now i am having trouble creating a drone pack (option 3 on server side) my device is a kali VM.

was reading through the README doesn't really go into detail on how to achieve this.

Was you able to get this done?

From going thru the code i was able to determine that there is two flavors of drones , one is the Nokia n900 drone pack and then the other is Kali and/or ubuntu LTS version, the script installs the following,

quote from the drone installer :

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

+ This script has been tested on +

+ - BackTrack5 +

+ - Kali (on Raspberry Pi board) +

+ - Ubuntu 32b 13.04 "Vanilla" (on laptop and Beaglebone Black) +

+ +

+ The below packages will be installed via apt: +

+ - dnsmasq, tshark, openvpn, rsync, netcat, macchanger, psmisc, +

+ iptables, aircrack-ng, gpsd, gpsd-clients +

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

i installed it on vm of kali amd64 and did not use an alfa yet, ill keep you posted on that, BUT you should have a running server to make a drone pack, if there is something broken you should watch option 6 of the logs and see where its broken and look for a fix or post it so we can figure it out.
It creates a web link to download the drone pack so you can wget it then tar it then install it.
This thing needs a lot of work to make it point and click, so far its full of thrones but very promising to be a complete work not just an appetizer to a vaporware .......

I've notice 2 things.

1 the server will not start for more than 7secs. From what I could see it through 2 errors. Could not determine the error cause it flashes then goes right away.

2nd , when making a drone their is a permission error when trying to run create_ssh.sh which I am guessing is located on a distance server. The logs reveal no information.

I've notice 2 things.

1 the server will not start for more than 7secs. From what I could see it through 2 errors. Could not determine the error cause it flashes then goes right away.

2nd , when making a drone their is a permission error when trying to run create_ssh.sh which I am guessing is located on a distance server. The logs reveal no information.

On the server if only run it as (sudo snoopy) it runs and does not error out , the error is a permission denied for what reason i have no clue, running it as root or regular user or as the user that was created for the purpose of the install script it fails.

On the other hand the client installs and runs and the probe requests get logged but it can not connect to the server even though both are on the same subnet and they can ping each other, the fake access point option does not work as it checks for internet connectivty but can't as it will only via the vpn tunnel which seems that is the problem at the moment.

I am trying to figure out the point of failure, hopefully you get up to speed as me and find it with me.

Below is where the permission denied comes on the server , you can find the error in the log file or by quickly pressing 6 after pressing 1 to restart the server .

ScreenShot2014-04-28at91206PM_zps9842f5b

Below where the server is running ok but what makes me think it is not is the 0.0.0.0 ip address of the server, points to a configuration problem that might make the vpn don't run ?

ScreenShot2014-04-28at91455PM_zps7365bbe

Gotcha.Yeah i'm still learning scripts and linux period, which is why i take on projects like this. Its alot easier to learn when its something you are really interested in.

Before this and the pineapple i would experiment adding customizations to my piratebox.

Anyway thanks for your help!! I'm going to keep trying and working..back to the ole grind lol

i updated my time on the server and client side so they match, although they are not my real time zone. Then i was able get my drone to connect with the server. Now i'm going through maltego and wigle and then i'm going to try to web interface created for snoopy.

i updated my time on the server and client side so they match, although they are not my real time zone. Then i was able get my drone to connect with the server. Now i'm going through maltego and wigle and then i'm going to try to web interface created for snoopy.

Hmm that must be my problem in the vpn connection, i will confirm it when i get an extra brain cell working in my head lol, keep the good updates going :) and also some screenshots of maltego transforms and the web interface populating drone activity.

will do. I have never used maltego or wigle before so it might take a few days before i figure everything out.

Also it seems like the web interface is down or maybe i'm not trying to access it correctly?

Edit: I'm also confused about how someone would go about dispatching a drone and then gather information off it from a distance. I.E. the pineapple has 2 radios that allow you to ssh to from a rouge location if connected to to the internet. Wouldn't you need 2 for snoopy as well?

Edited by damavox

I did not get to the point of thinking of that, i was more focused on getting it working first then worry about the two sides of the coin, i was thinking of checking out required items to run the drone if they are available in dd-wrt or can be compiled to be working in the pineapple then we can customize the script and test it with the snoopy server.

Then we get an infusion to set the configuration and start up and shutdown scripts then we will be all set !

dnsmasq tshark openvpn rsync netcat macchanger aircrack-ng psmisc traceroute iptables gpsd gpsd-clients are the packages installed on the drone and i know some of them are already on the pineapple, maybe someone else could chime in regarding these packages ?!

I have just started getting involved with the pineapple with the Mark V, so i'm still learning the entering workings of it and what it take when it comes to creating your own infusions.

But when it comes to integrating it with snoopy it seems that alot of snoopy's qualities are built into the pineapple already. So thinkering it would consist of striping the code of the multiple features and then reworking snoopy to be compatible with openwrt and then linking the pineapple features with snoopy. (which is alot easier said than done).

However i have a different approach when it comes to integrating it. I first wanted to see if it would run by itself then put it to work just so i could figure out what works great and what needs improvement.

With that being said after looking at your blog, and git you obviously have more experience than i do at this kind of stuff. So you probably have a better idea on how to make this possible than i do. BTW have you ever taken a look at creepyDOL, it is similar to snoopy but uses openstreetmap to track movement over time.

Also i did get the web interface to show but have not successfully logged into it yet.

Still working on Maltego, either the links to download and create the entities are broken or i'm doing something wrong.

Edited by damavox

Exactly thats what we need to do is make it run perfect on its own then start ruining it by making a drone of a pineapple...

I passed by creepyDOL but it did not spark my interest as it did with snoopy, as it links a human to a location in a fun way which is linking with maltego then you can expand your search and connecting the dots like a sci-fi movie.

The web interface user name is admin and the password is one that was random generated by the install script.

Oh by the way CreepDOL is still Vaporware since last year, its either too dangerous and he has been bought by the all seeing eye or he has just a proof of concept that is not fitting in place yet.

Edited by Molotof

Hmmm i wonder how i'd go about finding that password again, The weird thing about the web interface is it always said login successful, but never changed screens, guess its just a minor error.

Good news is i finally got maltego a step further. i finally go the entity to install, now working on the machine.

Hmmm i wonder how i'd go about finding that password again, The weird thing about the web interface is it always said login successful, but never changed screens, guess its just a minor error.

Good news is i finally got maltego a step further. i finally go the entity to install, now working on the machine.

if it says login successful and then still asking for username and password then it did not pass you to the main.html (glitch needs fixed)

the password is in a text file in : /home/(username you setup for snoopy)/snoopy/server/web_ui_creds.txt

and of course the username is admin.

Glad you went that far already, hopefully we don't need to fix much stuff !!