MDK3 Attacks

exactrawr

Hi all,

I recently got a hold of an AWUS036H WiFi adapter to fiddle with. First thing. Do I need to install any drivers on Kali in order to use it for Deauthing?

2nd question, I have been trying to run MDK3 attacks all night. I am using mdk3 mon0 d -b blacklist -c X to initate the attack.

All I get is "Periodically re-reading blacklist/white list every 3 seconds" but not packets being sent. Seems like the attack never started...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

1) You should be able to just plug it in and go.

2) Try to down the main card (ex. wlan1), use airmon-ng to start monitor mode, then use the mon0 without doing ifconfig up on your wlan*.

Thanks for your reply. I have my card in monitor mode on mon0. It says the main card is on wlan0.

By 'down the main card' do you mean turning off this interface? Would I do so by airmon-ng down wlan0?

Your suggestion worked for the first attack I tried on my network. Although I cant get it to work again.

So i tried using airdrop-ng as an alternative. I managed to get it to start but it is quoting 'Sent 0 packets every 5 seconds' would you have any idea why its sending 0 packets and not more?

Any advice is greatly appreshiated!

Edit: I manged to get mdk3 working. Only if I target a specific MAC address though e.g. mdk3 mono d MAC -c 1,2,3

Not sure why this is exactly... If I use a blacklist/white list file the attack never starts.

Edited by exactrawr