help wanted - can't get it to work :( karma client mode

nabs

Hello,

I got the mark V yesterday. I read a lot about it before I got it.

I did as asked and let it update. After it was booted I upgraded to 1.2.

I entered "network" and in client mode I entered my home network so that anyone that would connect would be able to use internet. It could connect. First problem: the settings don't seem to store in the device. So when I disconect it from the power it doesn't remember the network settings. (wlan0) Once it was set up I refreshed the ssid list in the client tab and it says "no networks found".

I started up karma from the home screen. Both Karma and auto start. I entered karma and I saw just a few probe requests. No connections. On the Karma client pages it says that there are no clients. I removed my home network settings from my phone so that the phone would probe and hopefully connect through the pineapple. It doesn't. I let my phone scan for networks but it doesn't do a thing.

When I look at the networks that are available I see all the usual networks and I see my home network twice. Once secure once unsecure. I also see a network labled "other network" altough I didn't change the ssid from the pineapple.

What I was trying to do: Start karma and sstrip. Let my phone probe for known networks and connect trough the pineapple thinking it was a trusted network. Let the pineapple log trafic. Use my home network as internet access.

Thanks for the help,

Nabs

Alright let's start with a few questions:

1) Did your pineapples SSIS appear on your phone when you scanned for networks?

2) Does your phone have any open wireless networks saves in it?

3) What phone do you have?

As far as client mode goes,

1) When you say settings don't save (wlan0), what exactly do you mean? Wlan0 is the device you connect to and the one karma runs on. Wlan1 is used for client mode, deauth attacks, wps cracking, etc.

Alright let's start with a few questions:

1) Did your pineapples SSIS appear on your phone when you scanned for networks?

> at first it didn't now it does.

2) Does your phone have any open wireless networks saves in it?

Yes it has but doesn't karma pretend to be any network?

3) What phone do you have?

Samsung galaxy s3

As far as client mode goes,

1) When you say settings don't save (wlan0), what exactly do you mean? Wlan0 is the device you connect to and the one karma runs on. Wlan1 is used for client mode, deauth attacks, wps cracking, etc.

I thought that client mode would remember my home network once I logged in. Every time I disconnect the power of the pineapple it forgets my network login.

Thx

Nabs:

I had the same issue - on restart I would have to manually go to the network pane and tell wlan1 to reconnect to my home wireless so the pineapple would get internet connectivity.

Download the wifi manager infusion. Use that to manage your radios - seems to be much more reliable

Also, as indicated by myself and others - dump the 2gb sd card that came with the gadget and go for a faster 8 or larger card and store your infusion there.

Ok I will try that but is it so that karma only spoofs open networks? I thought karma spoofed any network that it gets a probe from?

I believe it will spoof open networks only.

The wifi pineapple replies to all probe requests with a indistinguishable response that the ssid requested is available and open. Depending on the operating system the device may or may not connect. Windows will not connect if it expects the AP to be encrypted. That said, any open network remembered will be probed for and thus replied to. The wifi pineapple isn't fool proof, but it is damn effective against a vast array of devices. I hope his answers your questions.

https://hakshop.myshopify.com/pages/item-faq

I have the same isseu, a lott of probe requests but no conections.

When i search on my phone for networks i see they pinneaplle...and i'm able to connect it (it not going automaticly).

But al the other devices that are doing a request don't get a connection.

Just update with the latest firmware and reboot the system but i won't work.

Is there anything i forgot to do....to get it work?

Also when my on phone is connected, is see it in the "karma inttelggent report" but when i shutdwon my phone its still there.

Edited by jcfvanloon