SSL strip + arpspoof = no internet

Romanvanloo

Hey guys,

Sorry if i put this in the wrong category.

I'm trying to use ssl strip + arp spoofing. I do exact the same like on every tutorial. But once everything is done, my victim has no internet. He can't load the page!

If i just arp spoof my target, use something like urlsnarf. Everything works fine...

Can someone please help me, i'm searching a while for a solution. :wacko:

By the way, sorry for my bad english. :(

I believe your problem is that you haven't properly updated your firewall restrictions. By default SSLStrip listens on port 10000, assuming you're on linux, try this command

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 10000

if you're on BSD or OS X, try this

sudo ipfw add fwd 127.0.0.1,12345 tcp from not me to any 443 in via en0

Everything should work... try following this exactly...

sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

uncomment the two lines in your etter.conf file

sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 10000

ifconfig to get your device name, let's pretend it's eth0 as well as the default gateway, we'll pretend it's 192.168.0.1
sudo arpspoof -i eth0 192.168.0.1
ettercap -T -q -i eth0
if you want SSL bypassing
sslstrip -a -k -f

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sorry if i put this in the wrong category.

I'm trying to use ssl strip + arp spoofing. I do exact the same like on every tutorial. But once everything is done, my victim has no internet. He can't load the page!

If i just arp spoof my target, use something like urlsnarf. Everything works fine...

Can someone please help me, i'm searching a while for a solution. :wacko:

By the way, sorry for my bad english. :(

hello Romanvanloo,

There are different forms of man in the middle attack...this form of man in the middle attack does not guarantee all tcp packets will be forwarded to your device, that is,using arpsoof will not guarantee that tcp all packets from all users will be forwarded to your device...what arpspoof does is send out ARP packets to tell others that you are the true gateway to the internet so that they can initiate a tcp connection which will redirected to your browser (port 1000 or 8080 by default depending on which version of sslstrip you are using)..also the Access Point that is the true gateway will also be sending out ARP packets stating that it is the true gateway...eventually the network will be unstable at times.... some tcp packets will be sent to your device while other packet will be sent to the true gateway.....sslstript must be used to issue a fake key and certificate but somehow it does not work well after you left it for a while to capture ( i don't know why) ..... however sslstrip and ettercap is a perfect combination..just leave it to capture for a while you will see you will have SOME sort of success!:)