I have uninstalled and re-installed WPS from Pineapple Bar just to be sure.

@Sebkinne

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the steps to what I do on Pineapple Mark V to try and get Reaver working.

While connected to MarkV via wifi (on wlan0 adapter on MarkV)

I browse to Web server and log in.

Go to WPS - v1.0 "Menu"

Wlan interface - I select wlan1 , then Start, then start Monitor

Monitor interface - mon0

reaver - installed

bully - installed

Select AP

In General tab below, make sure info is populated.

Monitor interface: mon0 (what ever it becomes, same as top interface selection)

Then select [start]

Output -

WPS is running...

Update:

The Output tab seems to work correctly when / if I delete all logs in History tab.

Might be a bug to check into..

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed operating instructions: it really helps !!!

As for the displayed text: "WPS is running..." cool. I think a little more feedback to the screen would be helpful like displaying this with a time stamp once every ten seconds. Otherwise I'd love to see the actual successful output screen. Thank you to Hak5 Ninja and all the time spent on this app. It would be great to see it working.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carloscastenada,

No idea what you're talking about. WPS works fine...

I believe you. I have not seen the output screen upon a successful crack is all, nor any progress updates in the window. Thanks for the contact, I appreciate it. Normally I see progress reports in Kali for password cracking. If all I see is "WPS is working..." does that mean it is working and not providing screen updates? Should WPS be displaying screen updates ? When I hit refresh the screen shows that it stopped working, very confusing, why do we even need a refresh? Any chance of getting the full source code?

Thanks again for great work you are doing at Hak5, Sebkinne, WhistleBlower, all of you that have worked on WPS. I love the pineapple.

I posted above in #41 about there being a proper order to to do things in order for it to work correctly in the Infusion.... If you aren't seeing updates or after a refresh it's stopped, odds are you've just got some tweaking to do in how you go about setting it up. Before you use the infusion I suggest you ssh into the pineapple and use reaver from the command line. You'll see that it works exactly the same way as in Kali, the only difference for me personally is with Kali I go in and kill any of the suggested PIDs that turning on monitor mode suggests. I don't do that on the pineapple as there are other things going on in the background that I'm not comfortable stopping.

Also noticed when it cracks an AP it does not stay there on the screen even though the refresh is set to 1 sec. so you need to check the log !! what should happen is that it stays on the screen surley like it does on Kali ??

Also found two AP's stuck with Reaver @ 99.99% BtHub4-XXXX can anyone help here i havent dectected a lockout

Regards

Raz0r

Edited by raz0r

It goes away when it's done cracking Because you have the auto refresh turned on. This isn't command line so its just going to do that. Even if you had auto off, and it finished and you hit refresh, it's just going to tell you WPS is not running. And you'll have to go to the log anyway.

I have uninstalled and re-installed WPS from Pineapple Bar just to be sure.

@Sebkinne

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the steps to what I do on Pineapple Mark V to try and get Reaver working.

While connected to MarkV via wifi (on wlan0 adapter on MarkV)

I browse to Web server and log in.

Go to WPS - v1.0 "Menu"

Wlan interface - I select wlan1 , then Start, then start Monitor

Monitor interface - mon0

reaver - installed

bully - installed

Select AP

In General tab below, make sure info is populated.

Monitor interface: mon0 (what ever it becomes, same as top interface selection)

Then select [start]

Output -

WPS is running...

Update:

The Output tab seems to work correctly when / if I delete all logs in History tab.

Might be a bug to check into..

Thanks

I have had this same issue.

Hello,i have a mark 5 with The latest firmware.when i install The wps infusion,i have no eerrors about The md5 but after The confirmation of installation i can read that reaver is not installed.did it happen to someone else?how to procees?thank you

Hello,i have a mark 5 with The latest firmware.when i install The wps infusion,i have no eerrors about The md5 but after The confirmation of installation i can read that reaver is not installed.did it happen to someone else?how to procees?thank you

This is normal. You will need to open the large tile and install the dependencies that way.

Edit: As our website is currently down, the package repository is too. Please bear with us while we get this sorted out.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thank you.what you mean with large tile?and sure i Will wait The website up again.thank you

The WPS large tile, when you click on the title of the wps infusion, a bigger window should pop up. There you should be able to install reaver. But this will fail as our site is currently down.

I've been silently following this thread, I'm excited to try the changes. Sadly I'm headed to a wedding.

I just dusted off/reflashed/updated my Rassple Pie last night and was playing with this infusion again.

Either there's something going on or I'm doing something wrong... The new version keeps shutting off my wlan0. It happens with either reaver or bully. I've tried the old steps and I tried just enabling the wlan1 interface and hitting Start Monitor, then choosing an AP then hitting start. Either way within 30 secs while it still says loading my Pineapple lights go down to just the green one. So no wlan0... When I go and unplug and come back the setting for whatever network I was trying to bully/reaver are still on the mini tile. Again, it happens with either reaver or bully. I also formatted my SD card and reflashed the pineapple just to make sure it wasn't some funky upgrade garbage but it still happens.

thesugarat i totally agree fella i have the same problem i found before that i could stop wlan1 and still have access to my pinapple without haveing to use the ethernet net cable please can you change this Whistlemaster so wlan0 doesnt switch off

Many thanks

Raz0r

@

dustbyter

Scan with wlan1 after you see YOUR ROUTER DISPLAYED click stop then start monitor.

Chose Reaver or Bully and chose the monitor bit in the settings

Then make sure -vv with reaver is running or -v 3 with bully

Then keep auto refresh on at 1 sec then you can see whats happening

Regards

Raz0r

I doubt it. Unless they put the old one back into the pineapple bar you can only get the new one. But again it's only the interface that has changed. The version of reaver and bully under the hood are still the same. So they should still work as expected after using ssh.