Multiple wireless radios on one system

tom564

Hello,

I would like to be able to capture data on 3 channels simultaneously using 3 separate radios, i have been having problems with the USB devices initializing and staying up which i assume to be a power related issue

so my first question is: What would you use to power the cards? and my second question is: How much computational power do i need if it is a fairly busy network (is trying to run it on a raspberry pi unobtainable?

Thanks,

you could always try a powered usb hub make sure it does not back feed (if its a power issue and not a cpu issue.

Thanks, can you recommend a specific hub that will not back feed? i did try to cut the red wire but that caused other issues.

You should be able to do it with a laptop though, as long as it has enough usb ports.

agreed i have 3 on the laptop

2x external

1x internal

still got space for 1 more external, byt 3 is enough (usually only use the 2 external, as i can attach my 40db antennas to them)

agreed i have 3 on the laptop

2x external

1x internal

still got space for 1 more external, byt 3 is enough (usually only use the 2 external, as i can attach my 40db antennas to them)

Speaking of high gain antennas, i tried to use my ALFA 9DBi antenna with one of the cards and ran airdump-ng but all of the SSID's seemed like they were being corrupted. Anyone else experienced this?

• 3 months later...

I run pen test gigs from my Mac Pro (i5 8G RAM) and regularly use '3 radios' simultaneously. 1) Mac's built in for nmap scanning, 2)vm-kali-usb wifi radio for aircrack-ng, 3)vm-windoze-pineapple-karma. It does slow things down quite a bit but saves a ton of time when onsite.