Exclamation "!" mark on Wireless icon

wmibr

Hi Guys

I would like to know, is it possible to remove the exclamation Mark from wireless icon?

Sure about that I will provide more information ok.

I have windows 8.1 when you turn on the Pineapple the Pineapple SSID show on the wireless list with the Icon below , all the other wireless network does not show the little "!" on the icon. The Windows list as insecure wireless network.

!.JPG

How can I remove that is it possible.

Thank you

post-45749-0-10361500-1385471260.jpg

Edited by wmibr

You will have to provide a lot more info that that.

What device is this on? What are you connected to? Does the network have Internet access? Is this even anything to do with a Pineapple?!?! We have no idea :-)

Please help us to help you and provide enough information for someone to actually troubleshoot your issue.

Scott.

I have windows 8.1 when you turn on the Pineapple the Pineapple SSID show on the wireless list with the Icon below , all the other wireless network does not show the little "!" on the icon. The Windows list as insecure wireless network.

!.JPG

It is how Window's displays the fact that you are connected to a network without encryption. There would be no way to change it without having to patch each machine that's connected to the network.

The pineapple is a open wireless network, because encryption would not allow the clients to connect, because they do not know the key.

The warning icon means that the network is not secure and is an open network. You simply need to create a password for your WiFi network and it will no longer show the warning icon.

Sorry Scott, I'm being a bit thick here.

If the network had a password, wouldn't that mean that those wanting to connect to the Pineapple would need to know it? (thus partly defeating the object of the exercise?)

Or have I misinterpreted you comment? (quite likely).

Sorry Scott, I'm being a bit thick here.

If the network had a password, wouldn't that mean that those wanting to connect to the Pineapple would need to know it? (thus partly defeating the object of the exercise?)

Or have I misinterpreted you comment? (quite likely).

That's exactly what it means. No way to get rid of that. It's how open WiFis are shown. That's normal though, not Pineapple related.