Mk V seems bricked, cant connect via ethernet

rabster

Hi guys,

any help here will be appreciated. I just got my new Mk V today, put in the SD card and booted up, it seemed ok and eventually all lights lit up and i could get to the browser page via the wifi.

I created new password, and then it showed as reloading after first set up.

Since now, I cannot connect to it. Ive tried changing the dip switches to try and reset it but it no longer shows the SSID when i search. When i connect it doesnt get an IP address by ethernet.

Ive tried the recovery here:

https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing

But it just sees the ethernet connection as down.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Hi guys,

any help here will be appreciated. I just got my new Mk V today, put in the SD card and booted up, it seemed ok and eventually all lights lit up and i could get to the browser page via the wifi.

I created new password, and then it showed as reloading after first set up.

Since now, I cannot connect to it. Ive tried changing the dip switches to try and reset it but it no longer shows the SSID when i search. When i connect it doesnt get an IP address by ethernet.

Ive tried the recovery here:

https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing

But it just sees the ethernet connection as down.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Follow the unbricking a bricked pineapple from that link - it'll work. You just set yourself a static IP.

hi,

thanks for the reply.

Ive tried this, but when cable is connected to the MkV, my end shows as 'network cable unplugged'.

Ive also tried this with a second laptop.

the green light stays on but no other lights can be seen no matter what dip switches are set

Yeah, I thought it was just me. I'm a noob and thought there's some magical trick I missed but its nice to know it's not just me. I can't reset it and changing the dips to reset doesn't help. kinda PO'd that I spent $199.99 on a piece of plastic, the pelican case is nice I guess?

Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys, and big thanks to midnitesnake for the PM's and the assistance.

I've never actually got it running past the initial setup and password setup. It got as far as the licence agreement and then said it has to reload. 15 mins later, i tried to connect to it but no joy. No IP address released via ethernet. No SSID broadcast.

Setting manual IP as per the flashing instructions, cannot get any response from the pineapple.

Connected pineapple to switchport, and port is down down so no L1 or L2 signalling received.

I've tried setting dip switches and no matter what, I still get no response from it.

The only thing i'm sure of is that something happened after the first reload, and before the next boot.

The only option i have left is to use a usb -> rs232 serial connection, but even with that I'm not confident of the outcome. plus would take me a few days to get hold of one of these.

I've actually been using a mark iv for a while and had none of these issues.

Any support would be greatly appreciated, as like showy4you, its just an expensive paperweight at the moment, and I dont want my next project to be modding the battery to work with the raspberry pi

Could this be a power supply issue? Providing enough power for the LEDs but not enough to actually turn it on all the way? Maybe try the Mark IV power supply to see what happens... Your choice to accept any risk in doing that but it's been discussed and the power supply from the 4 should work.

As like Rabster, browsed into the page, prompted me for password, and then rebooted itself. Never came up again.

Steps followed.

1) First followed the first bootup setup rebooted and got the red, blue, amber flash.

2) Browsed to the page via connecting with wifi. Followed on-screen-setup. Changed password. Boom.

Using wifi instead of Ethernet the culprit ? I failed to see use supplied ethernet cable on the instruction card until it was too late. My fingers were already thinking for me.

I get a blinking blue with what looks like a count of 3 blinks, solid for a second then 3 blinks.

Tried unbrick instructions (switches at up up up up down)with and without SD card inserted. Neither debricktified the pineapple. One thing when performing unbrick, when turning off pineapple, in linux and on windoze, the network adapter senses no power on cable and unloads the driver on the linux box and does whatever windoze does to stop the network driver. WIll try a "permemnent on" ethernet connection to desktop with an ethernet hub later today.

Before people start hollering that the post has already been made 8x, I tried the most simple fix - setting the DIPS to reset (U D D U U) solves my main problem (failure to boot after performing on-screen setup. NOw the pineapple boots up again. No idea why the unbrick instructions didn't work also.

• 2 weeks later...