Replacing USB with SD

hfam

Now that we have SD storage, I'm hoping to eliminate my use of USB storage for infusions, dependencies, etc, and just have it all on an SD card. I purchased a 16gb SD card for just this purpose for each of my MKvs.

That said, in the MKIV we'd partition a swap part on the USB, and leave the rest for storage.

Is that the same deal with the SD card, or do we need the swap, etc? I understand from the launch that the MKV formats the new card. Also, that some infusion devs may need to update code to allow install to the SD?

Would someone be so kind as to whip up a step-by-step for replacing the default 2GB SD with a new larger SD for the MKV, and what needs to ultimately be on it when it's said and done (e.g. boot files? swap partition?) I don't want to blow it or bungle through it and find out I borked something.

thanks to all for any assistance!

Somebody correct me if im wrong but once you do the initial flash there is nothing left on the sd so then in your case hfam all you have to do is put in your new sd card and hit format (in the GUI) and it will automatically create a swap partition on that sd card

After the successful flash, it will delete the files off the card and give you a mount point of /sd for the card which you will have approximately 1.8 GB of space for whatever you like. I'm not sure of an "Official" way at the time of posting this to mkswap, but after the initial flash you can make 2 partitions and have one ext2 and the other be made swap using mkswap and turning swap on from the pineapple.

After the successful flash, it will delete the files off the card and give you a mount point of /sd for the card which you will have approximately 1.8 GB of space for whatever you like. I'm not sure of an "Official" way at the time of posting this to mkswap, but after the initial flash you can make 2 partitions and have one ext2 and the other be made swap using mkswap and turning swap on from the pineapple.

Looks like it makes a swap partition as well.

/dev/sda1             126        1936    14546857+ 83 Linux
/dev/sda2               1         125     1004031  83 Linux

Edited by barry99705

Looks like it makes a swap partition as well.

/dev/sda1             126        1936    14546857+ 83 Linux
/dev/sda2               1         125     1004031  83 Linux

Hmm interesting, here is mine lol.

root@Pineapple:~# fdisk -l /dev/sda

Disk /dev/sda: 1887 MB, 1887436800 bytes
19 heads, 18 sectors/track, 10778 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 342 * 512 = 175104 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1       10780     1843199   6 FAT16

But yet, mount says this:

/dev/sda1 on /sd type ext4 (rw,sync,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)

I am not sure what the derp is going on...