Can markV connect to internet using wifi hotspots.

levisiccard

Hey guys!

Is it possible to have the markV connected to the internet using wifi instead of tethering with android phone or sharing eth connection from laptop.

Thinking this would be usefull when there are hotspots in the neighbourhood (making shure to-not-pineapple-myself) or am i totally wrong on this...

Greetz!

Hey guys!

Is it possible to have the markV connected to the internet using wifi instead of tethering with android phone or sharing eth connection from laptop.

Thinking this would be usefull when there are hotspots in the neighbourhood (making shure to-not-pineapple-myself) or am i totally wrong on this...

Greetz!

Since the Pineapple has 2 built-in radios, you can place one in managed mode and one in master mode. This allows you to connect your Pineapple to a wireless network and share the internet connection with Pineapple clients. Here's how to do it:

1. Connect to your Pineapple (via ethernet cable or WiFi)

2. Open a web browser and log into your Pineapple (http://172.16.42.1:1471)

3. Select the "Network" tile

4. Select the "Client Mode" tab

5. Select the drop-down menu and select the WiFi hotspot that you want to connect to

6. If the network uses WEP or WPA/WPA2 encryption, enter the key

7. Click "Connect to this network"

NOTE: The red LED indicator should light up solid.

That's it, your Pineapple should now be connected to the wireless network that you chose; and your Pineapple clients should have a working internet connection.

Since the Pineapple has 2 built-in radios, you can place one in managed mode and one in master mode. This allows you to connect your Pineapple to a wireless network and share the internet connection with Pineapple clients. Here's how to do it:

1. Connect to your Pineapple (via ethernet cable or WiFi)

2. Open a web browser and log into your Pineapple (http://172.16.42.1:1471)

3. Select the "Network" tile

4. Select the "Client Mode" tab

5. Select the drop-down menu and select the WiFi hotspot that you want to connect to

6. If the network uses WEP or WPA/WPA2 encryption, enter the key

7. Click "Connect to this network"

NOTE: The red LED indicator should light up solid.

That's it, your Pineapple should now be connected to the wireless network that you chose; and your Pineapple clients should have a working internet connection.

When I do that, my Pineapple WiFi just disappears. And it is definitely not online - even though it says that a connection is initiated.

And from the network-box in the web-UI:

Internet IP: Error Connecting

But both WLAN's are enabled.

pineapple.png

I get an error when trying to connect the pineapple to my local wireless network in client mode.

After selecting my SSID from the dropdown menu I then enter in my WPA2 key. It says connect was initiated and to see bottom for status.

The bottom says not connected.

I then go to my local wifi router page and I dont see it getting a DHCP address or anything to the pineapple.

Makes me think the client mode isnt working properly ? I also tried another router too, all of my other wireless devices are able to connect no problem.