mk4 second life ideas

bigthinker

im wanting to use my just as a wireless card while using another usb wireless card. Since its over ethernet my connection doesnt really work right.

Im trying to use one as my connection, and the usb wifi card in monitor mode but network manager keeps kicking me into one or the other.

Edited by bigthinker

The mark iv already is a router running openwrt. I am using it just as is - with the pineapple firmware on it. The chain is modem->lan/wan port on mark iv. It receives an IP & DNS settings from the ISP, set connection sharing between wifi and the lan/wan interface, and you're done.

Install the WiFi Manager Infusion. Change the static IP to 172.16.42.42. Set it to be a client on a nearby AP. Connect Ethernet directly between MK4 and MK5.

Internet ---AP---> MK4 ---Ethernet---> MK5 ---> Clients

They both fit nice and snug in the 1120 pelican case and this frees up the MK5's 2nd interface for....more fun ;-)

After I get some free time, I'll be looking into modifying the MK4 into a range extender/mesh networking to extend the radius of the MK5 karma AP.

Should also be able to add in a MDK3 deauth module and extend the deauth range.

Install the WiFi Manager Infusion. Change the static IP to 172.16.42.42. Set it to be a client on a nearby AP. Connect Ethernet directly between MK4 and MK5.

They both fit nice and snug in the 1120 pelican case and this frees up the MK5's 2nd interface for....more fun ;-)

Wouldn't it be nice if there was another device (such as a tplink) thats only purpose was to crack WPS and WEP automatically and then send those keys to the mk4 to connect to those networks in case your open network goes down or there are none in the area.... Also what if you could switch attack modes on the 3rd device by using the WPS button on the mk4 or the dip switches on the mk5....... You got my wheels turning Darren :D

Been playing with OpenWRT all day and built a few images for the Alfa - kismet_server is running at startup and it automatically mounts the swap and storage partitions from a usb formatted as per the Pineapple guide.

Running on 192.168.1.1/24 and handing out addresses on the LAN port, all the kismet logs are dumped to /usb and kismet_clients can connect to the server @ 192.168.1.1:2501

Though it might be useful to do a 'sweep' of a target area before deploying a pineapple, gather some mac addresses and assign then black/white as required before launch a karma attack.

use the sysupgrade.bin image to go from the pineapple software, scp it to //tmp and issue the:

sysupgrade -n -v <image-here>

keep your usb plugged in and it should automount it!

Tested on my Alfa AP121U and works fine, use at your own risk though!

Download Here

telnet in first, and set your password!

Edited by inTheDMZ

• 3 weeks later...

Darren,

I've been thinking about this for a bit. My first Pineapple is the Mark V. I've done some initial testing just to see how often clients will connect to the Mark V. I was at a busy coffee shop and was blown away at the number of clients that associated to the Mark V. It put such a load on the Mark V I could barely access the web interface.

With the above solution, would it offset some of the processing to the Mark IV? I know traffic would still need to be routed via Ethernet port, but does it take less processing power? Spreading infusions between the two Pineapples would most definitely speed things up. Thoughts?

I just might have to get another Mark V, or Mark IV. :-)