WiFi Analysis equipment

nix-7

Just curious what people use for WiFi analysis?

Both on an enterprise level, and a more personal level.

Please note I am not talking about WiFi access point signal analysers like inSSIDer. I'm talking more about the actual 2.4/5GHz RF spectrum analysis.

I see the Chanalyser Pro equipment and seem quite tempted.. Anyone had experience?

• 2 weeks later...

For personal level, you could simply use a supported network adapter and Backtrack 5/Kali as the packages it comes with is really well put together.

On the professional side I use Silica as it simplifies things and makes the process easier as you can go much further (like discovering what else you can do to a target host once you gained remote access). To replicate what Silica does in Kali/Backtrack, you'd need additional packages/libs and tons of scripts. With Silica it's built right into the software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For actual RF analysis, we're having fun in the labs with a Rohde & Schwarz FSW26 for the moment, but for wifi analysis, we've got a fleet of Flue Optiview XM tablets that go out.

There's more stuff too but it's not as shiny, and that's all that matters :)