European Distributor

MonkeyNuts

Are there any plans to bring on board a European distributor any time soon?

I'd love to buy a Mk5 but as with previous versions I'm totally put off once I add $40 shipping then the £17.40 UK VAT. This brings my total pineapple cost to a whopping $166.88 (£104.39).

I know there is nothing you can do about the shipping or VAT, but it is a shame as I bet I'm not the only person it puts off.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to buy a Mk5 but as with previous versions I'm totally put off once I add $40 shipping then the £17.40 UK VAT. This brings my total pineapple cost to a whopping $166.88 (£104.39).

I know there is nothing you can do about the shipping or VAT, but it is a shame as I bet I'm not the only person it puts off.

+1 for European distribution

When i ordered mine i didn't notice the VAT?

Does the $99 include US sales tax or is this exempt? If so, shouldn't buyers outside the US get this refunded? I'm not a tax expert, just a guess.

I'd happily be the EU/UK distributor by the way, I work 5 minutes away from a post office.

WIFI routers carry import duty of 0% to the UK by the way, but VAT is still 20%. So yeah, you should get a bill from customs.

Edited by MonkeyNuts

+1

I'm working with a brokerage service to get all of the paperwork in line. We have a warehouse service in the UK picked out - it's just a matter of going through all the hoops. There are many. I'm in the process of getting a non-registration trade ID (meaning I'll be able to import goods without having to incorporate Hak5 in the UK as an Ltd). Once I have that I can get my electronic binding tariff information. When I get that I'll be able to register for an EORI and mail forms over to the UK government at which point I'll wait around for them to update CHIEF and once that's all done I can complete my C88 form for customs declarations and figure out our quarterly VAT tax returns... At which point I should be good to start my Shippers Export Declarations for freight with commercial invoices over 2500 USD and Bam! Then I can drop ship DDP or Delivered Duty Paid to the warehouse...

What that means is we'll be paying the shipping to the UK (will be less than $40 in bulk) + the £17.40 UK VAT on your behalf, then we'll be available quick and easy throughout the euro zones.

Thanks for your patience. I'll keep ya'll updated as we get closer to launch on this.

Guys, why is there no shipping to more Eastern Europe countries? You can ship the pinneapple to Vienna,Austria but you cannot ship it to Bratislava, Slovakia?

That's about 40 miles apart!

I know Slovakia, Czech Republic and the rest of the former Eastern block countries do not have the best reputation however we are a part of European union, DHL and UPS operate here so I see no reason why it couldn't be shipped. The laws and regulations that apply should be the same.

I wanted to order the mark IV through hakshop to support you, even if it was more expensive then the regular alfa ap121u's but I was unable to do so..

I am happy Darren is trying provide a way to ship pineapples from UK but it would be really nice if at least the EU nations would be included as a possibility for overseas shipping.

Guys, why is there no shipping to more Eastern Europe countries? You can ship the pinneapple to Vienna,Austria but you cannot ship it to Bratislava, Slovakia?

That's about 40 miles apart!

I know Slovakia, Czech Republic and the rest of the former Eastern block countries do not have the best reputation however we are a part of European union, DHL and UPS operate here so I see no reason why it couldn't be shipped. The laws and regulations that apply should be the same.

I wanted to order the mark IV through hakshop to support you, even if it was more expensive then the regular alfa ap121u's but I was unable to do so..

I am happy Darren is trying provide a way to ship pineapples from UK but it would be really nice if at least the EU nations would be included as a possibility for overseas shipping.

They have said in the past that certain laws prevent them from shipping to certain countries, that may be the case.

Actually you're absolutely right about Slovakia. I'm not sure how that ended up on the list. Looking at the CCL there's no reason for this. I'm rechecking all EU nations now. Sorry for the inconvenience! You know how I feel about borders and the human tribe (packets not passports!) - I just have a healthy respect for my (currently shut down) government and as such err on the side of caution quite frequently.

For those who do not want to pay the outrageous taxes and do not mind waiting a little bit, I will be heading back to Germany the first week of November. I could send a few out from there, that is if I can order some and have them arrive before I leave. So I am thinking this would have to happen soon. PM me if you are interested.

Edited by hackley

Heh, so I checked again and shipping is now available..

However:

There is one shipping rate available for 82108, Slovakia.

• UPS Worldwide Expedited at $130.87 USD

That's unfortunately way beyond reasonable..

That seems wrong. We'll fix it ASAP. Should be about half of that.

@Darren

Please take a look at Portugal shipping rates issue.

Most of european countries have shipping rates starting at:

US Postal Economy International (7-30 Business Days) at $6.16 USD for USB Rubber Ducky

US Postal Priority Shipping at $23.95 USD for Wifi Pineapple Mark V

Portugal has only one shipping rate available either for Rubber Ducky or Wifi Pineapple, which is UPS Saver at $63.16 USD.

There are other countries besides Portugal with this price discrepancy at shipping rates. (ex: Slovakia)

@Darren

Please take a look at Portugal shipping rates issue.

Most of european countries have shipping rates starting at:

US Postal Economy International (7-30 Business Days) at $6.16 USD for USB Rubber Ducky

US Postal Priority Shipping at $23.95 USD for Wifi Pineapple Mark V

Portugal has only one shipping rate available either for Rubber Ducky or Wifi Pineapple, which is UPS Saver at $63.16 USD.

There are other countries besides Portugal with this price discrepancy at shipping rates. (ex: Slovakia)

+1 for Portugal

Bulk order any one?

TL;DR: Our mistake. Shipping to Portugal is now half what it was showing up as. We're fixing this for all other countries now...

Thanks for the heads up. I've looked into it and it seems as though the UPS API in our shopping cart doesn't query our negotiated rates. That's fine since we simply update it with a percentage modifier. Typically for international orders we get 50% off the regular price. Unfortunately it's not showing that for UPS Worldwide Expedited - which is your best bet. Not sure why UPS Worldwide Saver is actually more expensive (someone at UPS should reconsider the name).

I've gone ahead and manually added weight based shipping rates to Portugal which bring the cost down from 63.16 to 37.91 - almost half the cost. Also to put that in perspective USPS -- the government-based mail service that turns it over to your government-based mail service at the border and who is more likely to lose the package, charge hella extra or hold it at the border for a week while customs officials play floor hockey with it -- is more expensive at 40.55. Getting UPS, which is far faster and reliable, to give us rates lower than USPS is kinda huge.

Shannon will be going through every country and verifying that we have the lowest rates possible, manually adding weight based rates where necessary.

Not to a European country, But I was wondering if you could do USPS to Canada? UPS charges $29+$4.95 C.O.D fee+taxes on the item(13%) then Taxes on the fees+a bond fee of 2.7%, for items $100-$200, (I'm not making that up, UPS is ridicules.) So I'll be paying about $50+ extra :/ They actually tried charging me $22 on a $21 item once. USPS comes through Canada Post, so even if I have to pay duties, its a $10 fee+tax.

Edited by Seshan