Android Controller

nickfrosty

Introducing Android Controller v1.0.0!!! Easily control your Pineapple from an Android App.

Full instructions to install the infusion/app are included in the download package (for those who need them).

Downloads: http://dl.nickfrosty.me/wifi-pineapple

By request, the source code for the Android application is also available for download. :)

Currently, you have to manually install the infusions as it is pending acceptance to the Pineapple Bar. Once accepted, I will update this post.

If you find any bugs or have any issues/recommendations, feel free to post them to this thread or message me. There is also a contact email in the download package.

Enjoy!

UPDATE

===========

I have also written a short blog post about the Android Controller on my blog. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.nickfrosty.me/blog/2-wifi-pineapple-android-controller-v1

Edited by nickfrosty

The file controller.php seems to be missing in the infusion archive you uploaded on wifipineapple.com. Could you make sure everything is included in your infusion and please re-upload it ? I'll approve it then.

A suggestion as well: you could store the apk inside the infusion to simplify the installation.

Edited by Whistle Master

The file controller.php seems to be missing in the infusion archive you uploaded on wifipineapple.com. Could you make sure everything is included in your infusion and please re-upload it ? I'll approve it then.

A suggestion as well: you could store the apk inside the infusion to simplify the installation.

Ohh! Sorry about that. I just resubmitted the infusion.

I thought about including the apk in the infusion but I decided against it for a few reasons. Mainly because I didn't want to take up the precious memory space of the pineapple and I figured this way you can easily download it (and get the newest app updates) from your android device when you aren't using the pineapple or aren't connected to the internet on the pineapple.

All that being said, if people would prefer me to include the apk in the infusion, then I can most certainly do that to. :)

Don't include the APK in the infusion, it just takes up unneeded space.

That's what I was thinking originally.

The toggle button on your smalltile doesnt toggle the setting to enable or disable it.

Incorrect. The toggle works, but you need to add a refresh_small("androidcontroller"); to your toggle function :)

What do you mean it doesn't work? Can you elaborate?

No, your line is like this :

refresh_small('androidcontroller', 'custom');

where as it should be :

refresh_small('androidcontroller');

Ahh, I see what you're saying. My question is, whats the difference in the way that the web ui handles them? Because the line with the custom test param works fine on my pineapple, and it seems like it wasn't on yours.

As far as I could tell, there isn't a difference because of how the refresh_small functions is coded. It really only checks for "sys" as the second param, and if it's not then it just marks it as a normal infusion. So I guess I just assumed it would handle it fine on other pineapples.

function refresh_small(name, type){
  var id = tile_list[name];
  updateTile(id, name, (type == 'sys' ? "system" : "infusions"), "");
}

But I will certainly just remove the parameter :)

Bleh, System Controls code works fine with just one arg.

Atleast ill know the size has been reduced by like 6 bytes. Profit.

Sorry whistlemaster, but I think I'll go with profit! You never know when you are going to be in a life and death situation when those 6 bytes could mean the world!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He hasn't been online since early september, I think he stopped developing it.

IIRC we didn't approve the infusion to the pineapple bar because of the 3rd party app, and it could of been problematic, thus creating concern that people would request help and think this android app was official.

IIRC we didn't approve the infusion to the pineapple bar because of the 3rd party app, and it could of been problematic, thus creating concern that people would request help and think this android app was official.

Good point.

I guess i'll have to make it v2.x.x compatible myself :P (if I can figure it out :ph34r:)

• 4 weeks later...

Infusion developers have no way of submitting work for the mk4 as of right now and if we did I'm not sure if 2.x.x would be an option. Its a lot of back porting to do for a small group of people

• 3 months later...