SMSer - Texting Pineapple

newbi3

go to the configuration tile and go to "cron configuration" remove the thing in there and save it. After that re-start smser and see if it works

Alright, after some trouble I got it to work. I ended up uninstalling the SMSer infusion, clearing the cron config, reinstalling the infusion, and setting it up right the first time. I now have the custom commands to turn the wireless on and off. Thank you for such a responsive community! Oh one last question, is it possible for me to run another infusion as a custom command such as the jammer? thanks again.

pretty much all of the infusions you download are just front ends for linux commands being ran in the background. So yes you could run jammer by running the command that it runs when you start it. (Look through the code in /pineapple/components/infusions/<infusion name>/)

over ssh just use the "less", "cat", "nano", or "vi" commands to view the files

Edited by newbi3

If you are using linux just run from the terminal: "ssh root@172.16.42.1"

if you are using windows download putty and fill out the forms it asks for and click "connect" or "login"

Alright well it says this

The authenticity of host '172.16.42.1 (172.16.42.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 28:3a:21:ff:58:34:70:a3:61:32:8d:cf:ce:3b:06:68.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
and that's not the same fingerprint as the one on the pineapple. Is that it?

Ok, I'm running 2.8.1 with SMSer 1.1 according to pineapplebar... I've got it talking to gmail, I've got it txting me back, but it's not executing the commands I give it. Is there anyway to update the backend without going to 3.x the infusion list for 3 is limited compared to 2.x. :(

I've tried all the built in commands and some custom ones for disabling wifi/enabling wifi. I get responses back from the pineapple via txt but it's like the commands never run on the unit.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Edited by BVH

Give me some time I'll put together a tutorial for updating SMSer on 2.x.x this will only update the backend of smser there will be no changes to the GUI

Give me some time I'll put together a tutorial for updating SMSer on 2.x.x this will only update the backend of smser there will be no changes to the GUI

Awesome! Thanks man. I kind of have a work around. If I do one command at a time and make sure it has a "Hey" and "Thanks" at the start and end of the command it works more often then not, but it's not very trust worthy. It would be nice to have a "Status" command that shoots back a list of the features that are enabled or disabled. "Wifi = Yes, Karma = Yes, DNSSpoof = No" then you'd know if the command actually took... Just a suggestion.

This is very cool little app btw, super handy.

Awesome! Thanks man. I kind of have a work around. If I do one command at a time and make sure it has a "Hey" and "Thanks" at the start and end of the command it works more often then not, but it's not very trust worthy. It would be nice to have a "Status" command that shoots back a list of the features that are enabled or disabled. "Wifi = Yes, Karma = Yes, DNSSpoof = No" then you'd know if the command actually took... Just a suggestion.

:D I am already working on that functionality for SMSer 2.0 actually! This version is a complete re-write and because I do not have time to develop the 2.x version it will only be available on 3.x and 1.x for the mk V. I will however, make 1 last update for 2.x this weekend so people who are using older firmware don't feel abandoned.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue. SMSer would only respond with a misread response and wouldn't issue the commands. The text has to include at least one additional word AFTER the keywords.

Here are some examples for starting KARMA:

Fails - "Open front door" , "Open the front door" , "Please open the front door" , "Pineapple open the front door" , "I need you to open the front door"

Works - "Open front door please" , "Open the front door now" , "Open front door pineapple" , "Pineapple open the front door any-word-here" , "I need you to open the front door in 20 minutes"

Note: It doesn't matter what additional word(s) you place in the text, as long as you place at least one word after the keywords.

Edited by chriswhat

• 4 weeks later...

Mine has only mis-reads. In about hundred attempts, trying different versions (with an additional word at the end, double the commsnd like "hey hey", etc.), not a single successful command :-( . I use gmail. Btw, does anyone knows how to stop SMSer once it is in running mode? thanks

Please include more information. What version of the pineapple is it and what firmware? Also what version of SMSer is it?

SMSer runs currently as a cron job so you can go to your cron configuration and remove from there.

If you have a mark 5 please be looking for SMSer 2.0. It has been completely re-written, fixed a lot of problems, and added a bunch of new features to it. It will be out in about a month!

• 7 years later...