9dBi antenna Help

Scanner Martel

Hey all,

I got the 9 dBi pole antenna from the hak shop and my question is whether i need to do anything other than substitute the new antenna on a device. Specifically do i need to set power options to optimize signal etc? The reason I ask is that i dont notice a significant increase in the area that I can observe traffic say with an external wireless card in monitor mode or something.

Thanks,

-SM

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I got the 9 dBi pole antenna from the hak shop and my question is whether i need to do anything other than substitute the new antenna on a device. Specifically do i need to set power options to optimize signal etc? The reason I ask is that i dont notice a significant increase in the area that I can observe traffic say with an external wireless card in monitor mode or something.

Thanks,

-SM

Did you have to use an adaptor to plug the antennas into anything, say a pineapple or the base that came with them? Because i just got two and they wont go into anything i try to plug them into. The end on the antennas dosent have threads.