Fallout 3 vs. Fallout: New Vegas

drbeavis

Its time to end this once and for all! Which is the better game? I'm still undecided and I've been playing both a lot recently.

I realize this will likely get no responses but figured what the hell, I've restarted Kali for the tenth time trying to get stuff working so meh

They're pretty split if you ask me. Fallout 3 didn't have the best story but exploring the wasteland was great, and the mods that existed were fantastic. New Vegas had a pretty tightly wound storyline but I found the exploration to be a bit lacking and even slow feeling. To each his own I suppose, but that's my take on it.

• 1 month later...

I also say split. I think Fallout 3 was an overall better game as far as storyline/gameplay/originality/immersion. Probably related to the fact that it was directly created by Bethesda.

Vegas was also a freakin incredible game. And because of the small advances in technology from the first one i vote for Vegas in graphics/stability/dlc

I CAN'T WAIT for the next fallout because a.) Bethesda's taking back direct control of it

b.) It takes place in Boston which is 45 minutes from my home

c.) It's a new Fallout game PERIOD

Edited by kpoeticg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, that is a conundrum.

I LOVED them both...in fact, the two are probably my two most favorite games EVAR. I played the shit out of both of 'em and all the DLC.

That is a tough call, and I have to agree for the most part with the others, that one isn't really better than the other. They were both very polished and engaging.

That said, I thought the DLC content for New Vegas was a little disappointing and seemed to be "forced" a bit....some pretty redundant stuff going on there, but overall it is a big fat tie and collectively they are the most amazing games ever to grace human kind. :)

Seriously. :)

There was a thread or blog somewhere I stumbled upon where there was a question posed "What do you think about making the next Fallout rated PG?"

Apparently there was some rumor or blurb somewhere about Bethesda considering taming the content down to get a larger audience.

I don't have the link, but of course my response was filled with a great deal of colorful strings of four letter words coupled together with the word "no" over and over. :)

I can't WAIT for the next Fallout!!! It's a ways off though...gotta try to be patient.

I also say split. I think Fallout 3 was an overall better game as far as storyline/gameplay/originality/immersion. Probably related to the fact that it was directly created by Bethesda.

Vegas was also a freakin incredible game. And because of the small advances in technology from the first one i vote for Vegas in graphics/stability/dlc

I CAN'T WAIT for the next fallout because a.) Bethesda's taking back direct control of it

b.) It takes place in Boston which is 45 minutes from my home

c.) It's a new Fallout game PERIOD