Easy2Boot Grub4dos Multiboot USB - just add your payload files!

SteveSi

Easy2Boot is a collection of grub4dos menus and grub4dos batch files and utilities.

You can make a multiboot USB flash drive or USB hard drive (NTFS or FAT32) with the Easy2Boot files just by copying them to a grub4dos bootable USB drive or use the Make_e2B_USB.Drive.cmd automated batch file or linux .sh file.

Once you have made the grub4dos USB drive (or added the Easy2Boot files to your existing grub4dos mutilboot drive), all you need to do is just copy over your payload/ISO files.

For instance, if you copy over your linux ISOs, Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, SVR2K8R2, SVR2012) install ISOs, floppy .IMA image files, .IMG floppy disk image files, Hackintosh .dmg and bootable .bin files to the correct folder, when the USB pen boots it will list your payload files in the grub4dos menu. You can then run any of them.

You don't need to run a special utility to add new payload files or remove payload files to/from the USB drive. Also nearly ALL linux ISO will work just by copying over the ISO file - even those linux ISOs that usually need special cheat codes will just work! A list of those that have been tested and just work can be found here.

For those few payload files that do not work (e.g. OphCrack), you can also add a .mnu file. The .mnu is simply a grub4dos menu entry text file that is automatically added to the Easy2Boot menu when you boot. For instance, by using a .mnu file together with an ISO file, it is possible to directly boot several linux ISO files each with a separate persistence file and all from the same USB drive (e.g. Puppy Precise, Porteus , PClinux, Fedora, Ylmf, StartOS, BackTrack5).

You can also UEFI-boot from most payloads provided you convert them to .imgPTN files (free MPI tool provided) - e.g. boot UEFI linux's, KonBoot, Windows Installers, WinToGo, MemTest86, HP utilities, etc.

Different languages supported, very configurable, password protected, multiple wallpapers, true partition hiding, optional monthly PIN number to protect against unauthorised use, etc. Video Demo here

You can find the Easy2Boot V1 project on the www.easy2boot.com site.

Edited by SteveSi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Easy2Boot now supports installing from a vanilla unmodified XP install ISO to AHCI/SCSI/RAID computers (it automatically creates the required F6 floppy disks in memory as virtual disks - there is no need to press F6).

Latest version has many enhancements (e.g. automatic menu generation is now in alphabetical order)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Easy2Boot now support UEFI multi-booting. You can boot linux or Windows via UEFI using a partition image. Also support UEFI booting of KonBoot and other bootable systems.

You can also make an image of any bootable USB stick (e.g. containing a Rufus/WinSetupFromUSB/WinBootic/Unetbootin./YUMI/XBOOT etc. payload) and add it to your Easy2Boot USB drive.

Video here

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I got the error MBR-helper missing when trying to load my E2B USB stick on

http://speedy.sh/3yT4z/system.txt
http://speedy.sh/DBs9u/systemet.nfo

this system. It's a very old one.

I think it's a IDE harddrive and correct me if im wrong I have to do something with converting the .iso to .imgPTN and putting them in correct folder?

Or is it that the BIOS is different than Legacy?

http://pastebin.com/YbJLdy68 Thats the system, if you need something else tell me.

@SteveSi if you could point me in the right direction please.

Sorry, I won't access those speedy.sh links as they require me to run an exe file and I refuse to do that!

There are two YouTube videos (scroll down page) about making .imgPTN files - I suggest you watch them and then use the 'Contact Me' form if you are still having problems.

Please give details of what payload file you are using, what the source was, if you tested using QEMU or VBox as well as a real system, exact procedure to reproduce the issue, etc,

thanks

Steve

Sorry, I won't access those speedy.sh links as they require me to run an exe file and I refuse to do that!

There are two YouTube videos (scroll down page) about making .imgPTN files - I suggest you watch them and then use the 'Contact Me' form if you are still having problems.

Please give details of what payload file you are using, what the source was, if you tested using QEMU or VBox as well as a real system, exact procedure to reproduce the issue, etc,

thanks

Steve

I was gonna remove the speedyshare links. The same text is in the pastebin link.

Thanks. @steveSi