Post jokes and funny things here.

badbass

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

new C++ teacher give's use non working C++ code for practics.
Its a port from java to c to c++ with the uglyst ports between language.

good luck next monday i wand to see results.

Post-25055-NOPE-not-doing-that-gif-S3vn.

• 3 weeks later...

So I had to install a new security camera today. Used the existing network cable that went to the dead camera, but had to replace the end, the new camera is now an outside camera, which has the weatherproof network jack. We get the thing mounted, about 40 feet up on the side of the building and go back to the server room to set it up on the dvr. Problem is it's not showing up on the network. So we start tracing out the cable and find they previous installer put a poe switch in a box on the wall, which is now behind some industrial shelving... :angry: So we open up the box and fine one port is dead, sorta. The poe light is lit, but it's not passing traffic. The other guy helping with the install goes and pulls the plug on the camera and the poe light turns off, yep, that's it. So he plugs it back in and the poe light comes back on, but no data. We both scratch out heads for a minute, then he pulls the cable out of the switch and it's wired like this.1432745910998.jpg

We didn't pull the old camera, but I'm going to assume it's wired the same way, it's the only way it would work. Not sure who showed that dude how to crimp a cable, but this isn't right. :lol:

I always forget the proper order, but I know enough to know that's *not* it.

It's actually really really close. It's the A standard, just the end is on backwards.... Everyone used the B standard now, unless you're making a crossover cable, which isn't needed with gigabit.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to work for a school district as a tech. I mainly worked on desktops, laptops, printers, and the occasional networking job. One day, I get a call from the teacher who runs the computer class for the high school, we'll call her Ms. Atkins. (All names used are fictional to protect the guilty parties.) The following is our conversation.

Ms. Atkins: "My computer just suddenly shut down, and won't power back up, no matter what I do."

*My first thought is that her surge protector is on her desk, next to the PC, and the cable hangs down right about where her feet go when sitting*

Me: "Have you checked to make sure it's plugged in?"

Ms. Atkins: SOUNDS LIKE SHE'S MOVING TO LOOK, "Yep, it's plugged in."

*I know she hasn't touched the wire at all. She just looked to see if it's there.*

Me: "Okay. I need to know if it's a J847 cable or the P382 cable. The difference between them is that the J847 has 3 holes, and the P382 only has 2."

Ms. Atkins: REMOVING POWER PLUG, "It's the J8 whatever you said. It's got 3."

Me: "Okay. Go ahead and plug it back in as tight as possible."

Ms. Atkins: "Alright." PLUGS CORD BACK IN.

*I count to 3 Mississippi in my head, then tell her to press the power button*

Ms. Atkins: "OH MY GOD! IT'S WORKING AGAIN!"

To this day, I don't think she caught on that the cord was loose, and that she plugged it back in. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used to work for a school district as a tech. I mainly worked on desktops, laptops, printers, and the occasional networking job. One day, I get a call from the teacher who runs the computer class for the high school, we'll call her Ms. Atkins. (All names used are fictional to protect the guilty parties.) The following is our conversation.

Ms. Atkins: "My computer just suddenly shut down, and won't power back up, no matter what I do."

*My first thought is that her surge protector is on her desk, next to the PC, and the cable hangs down right about where her feet go when sitting*

Me: "Have you checked to make sure it's plugged in?"

Ms. Atkins: SOUNDS LIKE SHE'S MOVING TO LOOK, "Yep, it's plugged in."

*I know she hasn't touched the wire at all. She just looked to see if it's there.*

Me: "Okay. I need to know if it's a J847 cable or the P382 cable. The difference between them is that the J847 has 3 holes, and the P382 only has 2."

Ms. Atkins: REMOVING POWER PLUG, "It's the J8 whatever you said. It's got 3."

Me: "Okay. Go ahead and plug it back in as tight as possible."

Ms. Atkins: "Alright." PLUGS CORD BACK IN.

*I count to 3 Mississippi in my head, then tell her to press the power button*

Ms. Atkins: "OH MY GOD! IT'S WORKING AGAIN!"

To this day, I don't think she caught on that the cord was loose, and that she plugged it back in. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice!

I had a librarian that did something similar. She cleaned up and off her desk, then put everything back. Her computer worked great, but the three laptops they let students use in the library wouldn't charge. She calls me up and asks about it, I ask her if the power adapters are plugged in. She confirms they are. Is the power strip plugged in? Yep! Weird. So I drive out to the school, it's an hour one way. Look at the power strip, and sure enough, it's plugged in. Problem is, it's plugged into another power strip, that's plugged into the first power strip!! :lol: