Addressing the Selection Criteria

Hi Guys,

I am applying for another IT job and as part of their recruitment process, they have provided me with a selection criteria that I must address, unfortunately there is one criteria that I don't quite know how to address it. I would appreciate if someone could give me some hints or suggestions.

Understanding of contemporary information and communications technologies and related ICT architecture and standards issues.

You comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Infiltrator

Thats a pretty goofy statement. All they're after is the fact that you understand recent technologies. TCP/UDP, LAMP stuff, https, rsync, messaging services, imap, smtp. I'd guess that depending on the position you're applying for, you can narrow it down further to what their really looking for. It's kind of a bullshit question of you really, as its totally open ended and open for interpretation. If you wouldn't mind sharing what position you're after, that'd help me help you further.

Either way, good luck Inf!

telot

Thats a pretty goofy statement. All they're after is the fact that you understand recent technologies. TCP/UDP, LAMP stuff, https, rsync, messaging services, imap, smtp. I'd guess that depending on the position you're applying for, you can narrow it down further to what their really looking for. It's kind of a bullshit question of you really, as its totally open ended and open for interpretation. If you wouldn't mind sharing what position you're after, that'd help me help you further.

Either way, good luck Inf!

telot

Thanks for your reply Telot, the position that I am applying for is for an ICT Position within the Police. I should've been able to answer that question, but for some reason I was unable to. Thanks again mate, it's been much appreciated.