USB Hacksaw Development

Darren Kitchen

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I found out the hard way that Dan's antidote wont work.

I done it the filthy way.

1)Safe mode -> login as Administrator

2)Delete the $NTUnistall9313etc. directory

3)Then checked all of my running tasks and remove all those noty .exes

Peace out.

Hope this be the right section, But I came across this free peice of software the works with usb thumb/pen drives, and the first thing that poped into my head was the hacksaw and swithcblade.

So, I hope the software helps, because both projects are really cool.

http://www.mypendrive.org/

I actually tried this software and it basically creates a autorun.inf nothing past that.

revolations2525: um nice try but this is basically something not only we can do ourselves but is already used and basically the means of which the non-U3 drives work automatically.

Question:

In Spektormax's version (I am sure others may apply) I can't see any practical use for modsmax.bat besides maximizing a window which will only alert someone to the fact something weird is going on.

I thought that was a Windows 98 thing.

In order to get that to work on XP is to have the desktop viewing a webpage. It's very rare to see a user have that setup, actually I can not think of one person who uses it.

Unless you know something I dont.

*Edit - Got it to work but you have to view the folder and my AV had a fit with the folder.htt file.

Maybe I'm retarded, but I downloaded the RAR file, extracted it and performed steps 1&2. That went fine. When I began step 3, I noticed that there were no files within the /wip/sbs folder. There is the CMD file though. Is anyone else having this problem?

Where can I get a copy of the complete WIP folder ?

Thanks...

I set it up, changed the e-mail variables (checked multiple times). It creates the directory and starts the sbs.exe process but it doesn't email anything out when another USB drive is inserted into the machine.

Is there a problem with having the emailto and emailfrom being the same account?

What files would need to be modified if you wanted to dump and e-mail certain folders? Like the other poster mentioned the iPod situation.

For example, I just want folders that includes "CSC" in their name. Or, files that have the extension " .MP3 "

Thanks for this awesome tool.

Well I found out the hard way that Dan's antidote wont work.

I done it the filthy way.

1)Safe mode -> login as Administrator

2)Delete the $NTUnistall9313etc. directory

3)Then checked all of my running tasks and remove all those noty .exes

Peace out.

Well, I can't seem to figure out how to modify the original antidote batch file to make it work with filthy jesus' version. Would anyone who has come up with it would care to share? (come on, I know at least a few of you have, it seems pretty easy, altho I lack the knowledge to do it)

Macs are unhackable. Youre lucky.

Actually, I never mess with a mac except to fix my little sister's so I would have no idea where to start.

Im a Microsoft Fan Boi, not by choice.

Well, I guess you could start by plugging the drive in and see if it autoruns the payload. If so, then find the unix equivalant of most the tools. That would take some google'ing and I doubt you will find everything you are looking for.