Katana V3.0 Beta

techsavvy34

I'll get it back up this evening... and my bro is taking off, so i will be able to seed it off of his pc for a few weeks, starting in a couple of days

hhmm i should still be seeding

ok so I am seeding and have 1 peer for 1 zip and 2 for the other but nothing going and everything seems to be set corretly.

Can anyone suggest a good bittorrent client.

I just switched to deluged and its not quite working right for me.

Transmission-demeon just eats 100 percent of the processing power which is why i switched.

Edited by leapole

• 1 month later...

hhmm i should still be seeding

ok so I am seeding and have 1 peer for 1 zip and 2 for the other but nothing going and everything seems to be set corretly.

Can anyone suggest a good bittorrent client.

I just switched to deluged and its not quite working right for me.

Transmission-demeon just eats 100 percent of the processing power which is why i switched.

Use "Utorrent"

• 1 month later...

Anyone else having issues with the bootinst? If I run it as admin it chooses my C: drive and I don't see an option to change that. I tried to edit the file so it would look for only the E: (my Katana USB drive) but it gives me the error "Error: can't find out current drive letter".

If I just double click without running as admin it finds the correct drive without any issues... but fails since its not admin. :/

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit old but I just recently got the 2 zip files (confirmed checksum and everything) but when I extract the first zip on a Windows box, I get an overwrite request because there is an "autorun.inf" and an "Autorun.inf". Currently, I just renamed the "Autorun.inf" file to "Autorun_1.inf" (It's the autorun for the PortableApps). I know if I extract it on Linux it would be fine, but my question is, can I just plug the USB thumb drive into a Linux box, rename "Autorun_1.inf" to "Autorun.inf", then be able to use it without issue on Windows?

Also, thanks for seeding this. I got the first zip of a different, less respectable site but the second zip wasn't seeded well and never finished until I found this fora.

-dweez

I know this is a bit old but I just recently got the 2 zip files (confirmed checksum and everything) but when I extract the first zip on a Windows box, I get an overwrite request because there is an "autorun.inf" and an "Autorun.inf". Currently, I just renamed the "Autorun.inf" file to "Autorun_1.inf" (It's the autorun for the PortableApps). I know if I extract it on Linux it would be fine, but my question is, can I just plug the USB thumb drive into a Linux box, rename "Autorun_1.inf" to "Autorun.inf", then be able to use it without issue on Windows?

Also, thanks for seeding this. I got the first zip of a different, less respectable site but the second zip wasn't seeded well and never finished until I found this fora.

-dweez

Hey Dweez,

When I extracted both the files into one folder, I allowed it to override the autorun.inf, and I didn't have any issues.

No Problem, I am glad you got it! And thank you, for all the other Seeders, for helping seed this!

Hope this helps.

-Gater_Byte

Thank you Gater for providing this torrent, It's greatly appreciated and also thanks to those who are seeding! I'm currently downloading now and will continue to seed after it has downloaded, although I think that may take a while :)

Edited by TheBradl3s

I'm trying to use the .\boot\make_iso.bat included with Katana 3 to make it an iso (I have an ISOStick and want to include Katana as one of my ISOs) but I keep getting a "The system cannot find the path specified." I know I have the paths correct to call the .bat so it must be something in the bat my system doesn't like. I'm running this on Windows 7. Anyone have any idea how I need to modify the .bat file to make it work?Below are the pertinent lines of the .bat file.

set CDLABEL=KATANA

isolinux\win\mkisofs.exe @isolinux\win\config -o "%1" -A "%CDLABEL%" -V "%CDLABEL%" .

Edited by dweez

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Katana v3.0 Beta (Unsheathed)

Installation:

1. Download the Katana ZIP files to the local disk.

2. Extract the content of the Katana ZIP files onto the USB flash drive;

example "E:\" for Windows OR "/mount/sdb1" for Linux. Make sure NOT to create a

subdirectory when extracting the ZIPs content. Extract all files into the root

of the flash drive. If prompted, use the "write into" option to copy

files into already existing directories. Katana is broken into 2 files because

of its size. Extract both files to the directory in the same manner. There are

many files, so this may take some time. When done, you should see about a dozen

files in the root of the flash drive.

3. Change directory to the freshly copied "boot" directory on the USB device.

(Make sure you're in the "boot" directory on the USB device and NOT your local

disk! )

4. Run the following with Administrative privileges. For Linux/OSX run

./boostinst.sh, for Windows run ./boostinst.bat

5. Make sure the computer BIOS allows USB boot. Boot from flash drive. All Done!

Im very confused. im stuck on numbers 3 - 5. I have the zipped files installing to my usb drive E. I dont understand what to do after that. how do i do the next steps?

• 2 months later...