Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SilverExploit

Wireless Usb Adaptor (awus036n) Compatibility

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I just wanted to which AWUS036N ALFA product was the most compatible with the mark 4 and linux in general (for pentesting purposes)?

The Alfa AWUS036NHR seems to have the best specs but I've read there are some problems with the monitor mode. Which model do you recommend? Cheers

The solid one from hak5 shop alfa awus036h period for the pineapple. And just alone for reaver wps.i wouldnt move away since most of us here alll support the hak5 shop and there products.

Hi, I just wanted to which AWUS036N ALFA product was the most compatible with the mark 4 and linux in general (for pentesting purposes)?

The Alfa AWUS036NHR seems to have the best specs but I've read there are some problems with the monitor mode. Which model do you recommend? Cheers

I just ordered a AWUS036NHA from another site, It uses an atheros chipset and I am hopping it will be compatible right off the bat with the pineapple.

I just ordered a AWUS036NHA from another site, It uses an atheros chipset and I am hopping it will be compatible right off the bat with the pineapple.

Please let me know if it works, I've been thinking about upgrading mines as well.

Thanks

Ya wireless N would be very sweet is you get it up and running i would mind

Please let me know if it works, I've been thinking about upgrading mines as well.

Thanks

for sure, maybe it could be used as the karma interface:-) higher tx power.

for sure, maybe it could be used as the karma interface:-) higher tx power.

(in my PHARELL voice) "YES SIRRR!!!!!"

It could also be used to receive wireless internet and provide that to the clients which will be connected w=by karma with the other interface. :) No laptop needed for tethering then B)

It could also be used to receive wireless internet and provide that to the clients which will be connected w=by karma with the other interface. :) No laptop needed for tethering then B)

my hopes too:-D

would be cool to have reaver and aircrack crack and auto connect, imagine leaving a pineapple for a few hours and once it has internet turn on karma;-)

on another note I totally noobed out and forgot to bring my pineapple to avengers lastnight, It was packed and every other person was on there phone, I would have changed the ssid to "ciniplex free internet";-) what a great place for a pineapple. lol mahaha

I am looking at getting this Alfa as well, can you tell me what problems with monitor mode it had? It was my 1st choice, the 2nd being AWUS036NHA

Thanks

UPDATE: I found this script which I hear will fix monitor mode issues. See Link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2BUPTX5PC3MSM/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

I am trying to do this but can't seem to find much info how to. :(

I am trying to do this but can't seem to find much info how to. :(

I just got my new pineapple MK IV and have gone out and bought the awus036nha from ebay i also have the awus036n from the hak5 shop (in the mail).I am currently trying to pipe in an existing wifi connection via the exernal and karma out on the onboard. My main issue at the moment is I have no idea how to go about this, im presuming i would need to connect to the acesspoint on wlan1 through the command line , and then i should re route my ip tables but dont get me wrong i am a bit of a noob:) but anyway should i run a scrip or SSH ,

and i think this is what your trying to do peZ am i right ? or are you taking a different approach?

anyways, has anybody any suggestions?

Does Alfa make a 5Ghz adapter that is compatible with the aircrack-ng suite and reaver?