How To Power The Pineapple For Mobile Usage

cyrex

Hi!

I looked up some examples of battery packs mentioned in this forum. You guys here are a great help, thx! But how do you connect the battery pack with your pineapple? What kind of cable is needed for that? USB to ....? On the photos I just saw the ac connector on the pineapple, or is there another possibility to connect it with the battery pack? I'm just curious, a lot of you got it working right away.

Thx!

Thx for your replys, Whistle and Metal,

your info is really helpful. The energizer is a bit expensive, but there are also some battery packs which will do the job. The problem is, that these packs only got an USB out an no output port like the energizer. Do you know the name of USB Adapters (cable) for USB to (I don't know...) power, AC, output port? I think on Whistle's Pic, there is something like that. Would be grateful for help. :)

THX!

For the battery packs which only equip a usb port use this to power your pineapple.

41Mj3XxiSWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a USB to a type M Barrel 5V adapter, here's a link to amazon.

I bought an Enercell on sale at Radio shack. It came with a usb cord to min usb. I bought straight 2 wire to universal plug and the M connector end there as well. The ENercell last for about 4 or 5 hours.

• 10 months later...

I'm using the following battery pack which offer a bunch of adapters.

Energizer XP8000

xpal-accssry-XP8000-pointers-lg.jpg

I'm using the 9-12V Output Port to power the pineapple.

Energizer_Universal_8000mAh_Portable_Bat

Just in case you're still around these parts, did you end up having to order another tip from xpal for it? I've found the stock included tips to not be the right ones for it, and the website suggests NB13 (for the last generation but same spec power at 12v/1A).

Hi all!

Has you are running a pineapple with 5 volts?

Laptop usb output to pineapple + flash drive = work

battery Iconbit 5v 0.8-1a to pineapple + flash drive = work

Laptop usb output to pineapple + flash drive + usb hub (tested on dlink dub-h7, belkin 4-port) = not work (not flash)

battery Iconbit 5v 0.8-1a to pineapple + flash drive +usb hub (tested on dlink dub-h7, belkin 4-port) = not work

If i used DC adapter (included pineapple pac) + usb hub + alfa awus036h (only to 20 db :( - bad drivers) + anything = WORK

With 5V the Pineapple with a 4gb standar pendrive, runs well.

If you want to use a USB HUB, I recommend another energy source for the Hub. I think the PineappleĀ“s USB Port only send 5V.

All USB ports only send 5 volts. It only sends 5 volts at .5 amps.

Just in case you're still around these parts, did you end up having to order another tip from xpal for it? I've found the stock included tips to not be the right ones for it, and the website suggests NB13 (for the last generation but same spec power at 12v/1A).

Answering my own question, tip NB13 from xpal is for the Alfa 51 (previous gen) but it is the same output spec as the Alfa 121U (mkIV hardware) and the same shape (type M). I purchased an xp18000a (overkill, but I wanted to power my laptop at times too) and this did the trick.

Note: the type M on the pineapple is 12 volts, 1 amp (12 watts). USB is 5V, and you can only expect .5A from most computer usb2 ports (2.5W). This may not be enough to power a pineapple and an attached device (such as a larger flash drive or a secondary wireless). As such, you'll be better off powering it through the 9-12v on your battery supply if you have accessories.