Site Survey

Whistle Master

Hi everyone !

I'm currently working on a site survey add-on for our pineapple.

To be able to list APs, you have to switch down / up the wireless interface and to list clients you hate to switch down / up the monitor interface.

Can be done through the interface.

Module is available through module system.

Screenshot

post-38761-0-20042600-1333292852_thumb.j

Edited by Whistle Master

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all!

Of course I will share the code with you guys :)

Can we upload such files on github? I did not find such possibility on the github wiki.

Ask Seb to be added into the repo as a contributor or fork off a branch and commit some changes :) Though this can be daunting if you haven't used Git before (Git, also know as GODDAMN-IT when it refuses to merge :P )

Awesome addition Whistlemaster! Its great to have people like you contributing to the development! I added your mod to my mark IV and thought id contribute something I found myself. Bearing in mind I know this may come trivia to most but theres noobs on the forum who are close to clueless such as myself. So basically what ive done is ive added your mod to the navigation bar for easier access. Worked it out with a little common sense. But to be honest I was blown away at learning just how limitless this whole thing is and the ability to really configure your pineapple to how YOU want it. So guys heres my first 2 cents to this forum and I hope it helps someone out there.

Using whistlemasters post I scp'd the files into the pineapple using a linux distro (mine was backtrack 5). I confirmed the files were there by using winscp tool. Withing the same /www folder I located the navbar.php file and clicked edit. From there I made a copy of one of the sections of code (You will see breaks in each section heading if you look back to the 172.16.42.1/pineapple page. "I.e status, configuration etc..." from there I just looked for the php within your newly pasted code and edited to site_survey.php. A little down the code you will see another heading which you can rename to actually what ever you want but for easier names sake I labelled mine Site Survey.

I saved the file and exited. I rebooted my pineapple but I think you dont need to and its already there automatically. And done! It was actually that easy... Ive done some screen shots below to show the sequence etc... I hope this helps some beginners out there and this is only just the beginning! I think once a basic grasp of how it "works" is obtained then the skies the limit really.

Still want to learn how to configure individual sections like I saw in Darrens mark 3 episode from the baltic where he had a seperate section for ngrep etc... and also having more logs showing on the status page ui such as arp, urlsnarf etc... I know you guys are working hard at getting this done but im sure theres many of us out there leaning to towards learning the method to getting this done so we can implement it ourselves. Well im out for now! Its 1am and ive been on my mark iv for far too many hours! Again! lol Hope its not a re-post and happy hacking!

post-39133-0-46399900-1332200677_thumb.p post-39133-0-25664800-1332200680_thumb.p post-39133-0-18461200-1332200683_thumb.p

Issue: to be able to run the survey, you have to switch down / up the wlan0 interface and then stop / start airmon-ng on monitor interface... Can be done through the interface.

Tested with MK3 & MK4.

Noob question (sorry!)

Which monitor interface does it use, as there is the wlan.mon0 monitor interface, but isn't that used for karma.

Does this also break karma, as when I try it, I can't get an AP ?

I'm running 1.02, MKIV.

BTW, I've tweaked my navbar.php to include site_survey.php as a menu option.

Thanks again

**Edit **

killuminati just beat me to it :)

**Edit**

I've just answered my own question

I just restarted wlan0 and I could perform deauths and still have karma running.

post-39159-0-36177900-1332276613_thumb.j

Edited by RebelCork

Noob question (sorry!)

Which monitor interface does it use, as there is the wlan.mon0 monitor interface, but isn't that used for karma.

Does this also break karma, as when I try it, I can't get an AP ?

I'm running 1.02, MKIV.

BTW, I've tweaked my navbar.php to include site_survey.php as a menu option.

Thanks again

**Edit **

killuminati just beat me to it :)

Sorry for stealing your thunder... ;p Dont worry ill be asking you questions soon enough! lol

Nice work WM!!

Damn Ive been soooo busy at work lately, I cant wait to get some time on my MK4 again!!

The forum community has been very busy lately too, LOTS of really sweet contributions and info these past few weeks!

Darren, seb, robin and crew have really hit the mark on all points with this platform and the community contribution factor on the MK4 is gonna be off the charts!l