Minipwner (tp-link)

w3aryb0arpig

Hi there. I'm just in the process of setting up a MiniPwner on a TP-link WR703N and I'm just wondering if anybody has had any joy in testing one of these and if so, did you manage to get any other tools running than those listed on the MiniPwner website?

Thanks

Yeah, I've just built one. Had a few issues here and there. Haven't had much time to mess with it yet. Apparently you can't just put Karma on it anymore? (Package didn't seem to be there, which sux, because doing a karma demo was the main reason I got mine, That and the lack of pineapple availability) The other reason I built it was to learn openWRT etc.. I want to get Darren's Jasager BBS/GUI thing on there, but not sure how to go about it & I'm sooooo strapped for time(+half the time I had allotted to it was taken-up debugging the mounting issues after I stupidly installed *slightly* the wrong FW) so I haven't been able to put much into it yet, I was doing a Jasager+Minipwner search that got me here :P

I'll keep u posted, I'd appreciate it if u or anyone else who's trying to do the same/similar thing could let us know what worked for them.

One thing I have noticed so far, is that sometimes it behaves a little strangely and commands may need to be repeated to achieve the desired effect, I suck @linux stuff so I'm sure ppl who don't are laughing the collectives at me :D But other than that, it seems to be a good HW choice (so-far)

Yeah, I've just built one. Had a few issues here and there. Haven't had much time to mess with it yet. Apparently you can't just put Karma on it anymore? (Package didn't seem to be there, which sux, because doing a karma demo was the main reason I got mine, That and the lack of pineapple availability) The other reason I built it was to learn openWRT etc.. I want to get Darren's Jasager BBS/GUI thing on there, but not sure how to go about it & I'm sooooo strapped for time(+half the time I had allotted to it was taken-up debugging the mounting issues after I stupidly installed *slightly* the wrong FW) so I haven't been able to put much into it yet, I was doing a Jasager+Minipwner search that got me here :P

I'll keep u posted, I'd appreciate it if u or anyone else who's trying to do the same/similar thing could let us know what worked for them.

One thing I have noticed so far, is that sometimes it behaves a little strangely and commands may need to be repeated to achieve the desired effect, I suck @linux stuff so I'm sure ppl who don't are laughing the collectives at me :D But other than that, it seems to be a good HW choice (so-far)

OKs, so I can't find the edit button? (WTF? probably just me a usual)

ANyhoo: I missed this when I wrote the above reply (like 10mins ago) http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25307

Which is basically a discussion about using the TP-Link HW as a basis for Pineapple Mk4, Apparently u need a specially compiled hostAPD , I think some kind indiviudal is goinng to do it for us openWRT noobs : http://www.minipwner.com/index.php/forum/5-minipwner-support/108-hostapd-karma-now-working

• 3 weeks later...

OKs, so I can't find the edit button? (WTF? probably just me a usual)

ANyhoo: I missed this when I wrote the above reply (like 10mins ago) http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25307

Which is basically a discussion about using the TP-Link HW as a basis for Pineapple Mk4, Apparently u need a specially compiled hostAPD , I think some kind indiviudal is goinng to do it for us openWRT noobs : http://www.minipwner.com/index.php/forum/5-minipwner-support/108-hostapd-karma-now-working

Hi,

That kind person is me(Digininja deserves all the real credit for helping me along) and I have put links to the uploaded the factory.bin and .ipk files to the minipwner forum. I probably won't have a lot of time to do any new compiles because I already have a tight schedule but if someone wants to learn how to setup the openwrt environment, etc. then I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Edited by ehrichweiss

Hi,

That kind person is me(Digininja deserves all the real credit for helping me along) and I have put links to the uploaded the factory.bin and .ipk files to the minipwner forum. I probably won't have a lot of time to do any new compiles because I already have a tight schedule but if someone wants to learn how to setup the openwrt environment, etc. then I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

What patch are you currently using?