Linux Distro For Older Laptop

badbass

I have a fujitsu life book. I want opinions about a lean distro for it. It has a hard drive is why I think it is not a netbook. I like gnome not unity. If I have to I will boot from a flash drive and use the hard drive as extra storage space. I am flexible.

Thanks I will have another glass of campus oaks red zin from lodi.

http://linuxmint.com/ Edited by Infiltrator

I use Gentoo on my eeepc 900 (5 years old now) and if you have the patience then it can definitely be lean and fast. The main downside is that it you need to make sure you have plenty of time when you want to run an full update as it can require a lot of compiling on the machine.

Having said that I have also a 7 year old Toshiba laptop (Pentium 4 - 2.66GHz, 512MB memory and 30GB hard disk) which runs the latest version of Debian fine.

What I ended up up doing was install an older version of ubuntu with lts. This one has gnome. We will get back to the unity kde gnome and other window managers. I have a bar to go to, have to setup for tonight have guiness and 20 other beers to promote.