Mark 4 First Dibs & Discount

Darren Kitchen

I took your suggestion and we're doing a first dibs for you guys & a nice little discount to show our thanks to the community.

Come mid-March we should have production ramped up enough to put these guys on the homepage but until then here's your opportunity.

http://www.hakshop.com/products/markiv-first-dibs

The WiFi Pineapple Mark IV improves tremendously on previous models in both hardware capabilities and ease of use. Where the Mark III brought a completely redesigned web management interface the Mark IV continues with plug & play 3G / 4G connectivity, automatic presistent reverse SSH tunnels and a simplistic status page to name a few. The new control center shows at a glance connected clients hostnames, IP addresses, Karma'd SSID as well as signal strength, idle time and network throughput.

Hardware wise the Mark IV is built on a powerful Atheros AR9331 SoC at 400 MHz--over double that of the previous generation--and sports two Ethernet ports, 802.11 b/g and N connectivity, as well as most notably a USB 2.0 port, allowing for expansions like mass storage and 3G / 4G modems. *modem sold separately.

Also it's black, which adds at least 50 hacker points.

New Features

- Improved Karma attack with Autostart

- Updated UI and Status page with client reports

- Out-of-the-box support for USB Flash Disks

- MITM tools: urlsnarf, dnsspoof & ngrep

- Built-in support for 3G / 4G Modems, auto-connect, auto-redial

- Cracking tools: Reaver-WPS, Aircrack-NG

- Presistent reverse SSH tunnel setup via Web UI

- User scripts and automated jobs menus

- Firmware update from Web Interface

Coming Soon

- Over-the-Air firmware updates

- Automated Email Reports

- PPTP VPN configuration from Web UI

- Web Front-End for Reaver, Aircrack

- Tango Mode: Pair a Mark IV with a Mark III backpack

Mad props go out to Digininja and Sebkinne and you guys. Together we've put together something I'm so truly proud of. I'm working on enclosure and battery mods now and will have some even more awesome stuff to show after my panel at SXSW. Prepare to be pwned Austin!

PS: please don't post this link on the homepage of reddit or anything :)

Screenies: (a lot of this is being backported to the MK3)

New consolidated status screen with way more robust javascript updater

Screenshot-1.png

Detailed reports of connected clients. This grabs info from iw, arp, dhcp and combines it into one for at a glance "who am I pwning"

Screenshot-2.png

Cron jobs and auto-start

Screenshot-6.png

3G. It "just works", every time and resets if the connection is broken. Three modems on the supported list now with more to follow. I've learned a lot about GSM and CDMA so adding modems shouldn't be to tricky once we have the right modeswitch codes.

Screenshot-7.png

SSH. Use it for a reverse tunnel, a relay, however you wish. AutoSSH is on there to maintain a persistent connection with failsafe cron jobs to auto-reconnect. All done with kay pair exchanges for security.

Screenshot-8.png

Scripts like cleanup to free memory, cleanup logs. SSH and 3G reconnect, plus a user.sh for whatever you like, all within the web UI.

Screenshot-9.png

Firmware update from web interface. Choose your upgrade.bin, hit upgrade, wait 2 minutes for the install and reboot. Just like that. Soon we're adding OTA updates :)

Screenshot-10.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, these orders are shipping Monday.

I was recently asked about SSLStrip. No, it doesn't come pre-installed due to space requirements, however it can be installed on a USB drive. That's one of the things we're working on adding as part of a kit down the road. Personally I like to simply have the device start Karma, 3G & SSH Tunnel to my VPS on boot then run all of the sniffing tools and such there. Will post some tutorials soon.

Holly ****

by the info and screenshots it looks amazing, has come a long way

a couple questions if any one can answer.

will we be able to share internet connection from laptop via the wp3.sh script?

and is there built in mac changing? maybe the boot script would be the best place for a macchanger -r wlan0

I live in Canada and 3G/4G plans are not cheap IE limited bandwidth and monthly charges

does anyone know what would be the best option for a 3g/4g dongle in Canada B.C?

Thanks in advance.

Internet Connection Sharing through the wp3.sh script has not changed. Ok, I lied, I changed the filename to wp4.sh, hehe.

I can't believe I completely forgot about macchanger. Stupid simple to add this feature -- I'll see that it's in 1.0.1. For now you can simply go to the advanced page the from the execute commands text field enter:

opkg install macchanger

echo "macchanger -r wlan0" >> /etc/rc.local

That'll do the trick. I'll add it to the config page in the next version.

As far as cheap 3G/4G dongles are concerned, how does free sound? Full disclosure: they're a sponsor, but Ting.com recently launched as a MVNO on the Sprint network and they're offering Hak5 fans $50 off their devices when you visit www.ting.com/hak5 . I was using Ting before they sponsored and actually added built-in support for their service using the Novatel u760 modem -- which is $45 on their site so essentially it's free. Data rates are about 2 cents a meg but I'm not sure on Canada support. I know they're based in Toronto.

Internet Connection Sharing through the wp3.sh script has not changed. Ok, I lied, I changed the filename to wp4.sh, hehe.

I can't believe I completely forgot about macchanger. Stupid simple to add this feature -- I'll see that it's in 1.0.1. For now you can simply go to the advanced page the from the execute commands text field enter:

As far as cheap 3G/4G dongles are concerned, how does free sound? Full disclosure: they're a sponsor, but Ting.com recently launched as a MVNO on the Sprint network and they're offering Hak5 fans $50 off their devices when you visit www.ting.com/hak5 . I was using Ting before they sponsored and actually added built-in support for their service using the Novatel u760 modem -- which is $45 on their site so essentially it's free. Data rates are about 2 cents a meg but I'm not sure on Canada support. I know they're based in Toronto.

Thats awesome:-)

I left a message with ting.com if they are going to support us up here in Canada.

It doesn't look like they will judging by the website.

I guess now with all these extra scripts we have easy access, we'll be able to auto start things like dns spoof.

what if beside every option on the main page there was a check box that set it to run at start? instead of populating the list with AUTO START start | stop etc.

Edited by petertfm

All that refresh spam paid off, and finally ordered the pineapple, cant wait to receive it and play with it. Good job to all involved, really is a sick release

Which models of 3G/4G dongles are supported? You mentioned that three are currently supported? Thanks for the first dibs! Can't wait!

telot

The first dibs is the same as the production release -- we're just giving you, um, first dibs at getting one because we know there's a lot of demand and production hasn't fully ramped up yet. We'll be on top of that by mid March. By that time we should also be offering a kit.

The kit is an optional add-on you'll be able to get then. Or roll your own. Basically looking to offer a rechargeable lithium ion battery pack, hak5 branded storage already formatted as ext4, partitioned and configured with a bunch of tools, as well as a case - most likely from Pelican (they rock), high gain directional pancake antenna, an assortment of rp-spa & usb-type-m cables and anything else that'll make this more leet. Still working on it so suggestions welcome.

Which models of 3G/4G dongles are supported? You mentioned that three are currently supported? Thanks for the first dibs! Can't wait!

telot

Here's the header of the 3g.sh

#!/bin/sh

# ---------------------------------------------------------

# 3G Connection Script for WiFi Pineapple. "Does the thing"

#

# Version: 2012-02-17

# Supports:

#

# ZTE MF591 (T-Mobile) -dkitchen

# Novatel MC760 (Virgin) -dkitchen

# Novatel MC760 (Ting) -dkitchen

#

# Updated: wifipineapple.com

# ---------------------------------------------------------

I've pretty much learned the trick of supporting most GSM and CDMA modems. Both sdparm and usb_modeswitch are included. Usually it's just a matter of "ejecting" the USB CD-ROM so that the modem reveals itself, at which point a bunch of uci network commands set the config, pppd does its thing with chat and comgt.

So basically any modem that's supported by usb_modeswitch should work. Here's a reference list of about 200 or so dongles:

http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/device_reference.txt

Also lemme just say it's freaking robust -- stays alive no matter what. Spent weeks on 3G and keep alive scripts alone and let me tell you it was such a good feeling the first time I got the pineapple completely self contained.

I am soooo excited!!! You guys REALLY brought the heat on this one, the new features are unbelievable!!!

Thanks to all you guys on the dev team for this amazing work, and snubs and hakshop for all their work!!

I'm thrilled to be a tiny part of it all out here, thanks again!!

I've pretty much learned the trick of supporting most GSM and CDMA modems. Both sdparm and usb_modeswitch are included. Usually it's just a matter of "ejecting" the USB CD-ROM so that the modem reveals itself, at which point a bunch of uci network commands set the config, pppd does its thing with chat and comgt.

So basically any modem that's supported by usb_modeswitch should work. Here's a reference list of about 200 or so dongles:

Also lemme just say it's freaking robust -- stays alive no matter what. Spent weeks on 3G and keep alive scripts alone and let me tell you it was such a good feeling the first time I got the pineapple completely self contained.

Excellent! I was actually thinking of using one of my Digi International modems for this - they're temperature rated and built to be online for years at a time (they've got an advanced ping keepalive system called SureLink). But if what you say is true, maybe I won't need to go that route - I'll just go with the sprint! Thanks Darren for the clarification!

telot

Here's the header of the 3g.sh

Hi Darren !

I found my modem (Huawei E173) in the reference list, what do I have to change in the config to make it work with the MK4 ?

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Whistle Master

In the web interface click the 3G page then look at the connection script. You'll find it runs lsusb and pipes the output to awk to find product and vendor ID pairs. This is followed by a switch case. You'll notice that if the PID/VID equal that of, say, the Ting modem it'll use uci to set network config options, then usbmodeswitch to "eject" the cdrom, then rmmod and insmod to add the modem to the system, usually they come up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Finally some iptables mojo is done for routing and the rest is done automatically by pppd.

To add a new modem, copy and paste one of the switch cases and replace VID/PID with your values, adjust the modeswitch command, rmmod, insmod, and you should be good to go. For CDMA there isn't really any uci network config stuff to change, the defaults should work. For GSM you'll need to specify the apn and depending on your modem you may also have to specify a pin. I haven't run into this personally, I think it's just for locked devices.

OK, that's all from memory. I'm out on my phone now but ill pot the script when I get back to a computer.

With the Mark 4, is it still using a DC 12 V, 1A Wall Plug Power Supply? It would be nice if it came with a USB to Pin powercable.

DIY dude:

telot.org/betterusbpoecable1.jpg

telot.org/betterusbpoecable5.jpg

telot

DIY dude:

telot.org/betterusbpoecable1.jpg

telot.org/betterusbpoecable5.jpg

telot

Telot's plans are really nice, and had I not found them pre-made, I would have been making my own with these plans.

If you're a bit lazy on the DIY side (I was on this cable! :) ), you can also choose to purchase one ready to go on Amazon for fairly cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB2TYPEM-Barrel-Power-Cable/dp/B003MQO96U

I've purchased a number of these for my MK3's and the fit and finish on these is flawless, they work perfectly.

In your testing w/ the mk4, how much data have you been using a month? Which would be a recommended data plan?