What Helpdesk Do You Use

itsm0ld

• 2 weeks later...

Kaseya is a great solution if you're using the other MSP features they provide.

I personally have used the shit out of Kayako, and love it. It's by far one of the more full featured solutions on the market.

It's a little costly, but if you can justify the cost it's simply one of the best available.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to completely agree that SpiceWorks is one of the top solutions out there. I use it for my company and it does absolute wonders. Even though it is FREE, for the features it gives, I would even be willing to pay for it. Their community network is amazing, with other experts ready to help you should you have any questions. Also, it allows for you to customize a lot of different aspects of the program to make it work for your specific company. One of my favorite parts...You can access everything remotely since it works off of Port 80 and other Internet accessible Ports and there are Android and iOS apps for smartphones and tablets.

FYI on Remedy,

I have programmed it and supported it. If you are planning on using the out of box product don't modify it. You will spend the rest of your life fixing things. If the out of box doesn't work for your company invest in someone that will create a custom made help desk for you. It is a neat product though. I enjoyed it even though I was programing it all the time.

I use Remedy at work, and it's a great system. We have it super customized, but then again, the company I work for is huge and can afford a full time staff to support it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We currently use trackIT and its super pointless, very laggy , permissions are always getting messed up due to bad code, just generally a bad piece of software

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My company uses BMC's Footprints. Overall it is a fantastic product, in my opinion. Different user access roles, charts and graphs to represent response times/number of tickets/resolved by/ etc.. It has the ability to generate tickets from email, this is helpful for have monitoring software auto open tickets/close them when thresholds are met. With that being said , our instance was set up poorly, people didnt take time to understand the product before diving in. This makes it convoluted with unnecessary data/users/tickets/etc..