Has Anyone Here Ever But An Adsl Modem In A Computer

Weka

Hi

Have you ever put a ADSL modem in a computer or know of any project where a ADSL modem has been put in a computer

Thank you....

As an Add-on card or a real modem box?

Edited by Infiltrator

Add-On card. Inside the computer

thx

You know what, I've always wanted to do that, but couldn't find the right add-on card. Out of the cards, I looked at none of them had support for ADSL 2+, they had only for Annex A and ADSL.

You know what, I've always wanted to do that, but couldn't find the right add-on card. Out of the cards, I looked at none of them had support for ADSL 2+, they had only for Annex A and ADSL.

With the mini mother boards available it could be done if the cards were there. You could get some real control.

Edited by Weka

I had a zoom cable modem card, but my ISP wouldn't support it, so never got to use it. Installed it and hooked it up and could never get it online. Check with your ISP, because shelling out money on an internal card, as some ISP's won't allow that on unsupported devices, and you won't get yoru money back, once the box is opened.

I'm still in the planing stage. There are routers that will do the job. But why have a separate Modem.

I want to set up a Torrent and other p2p apps 24 7 server and be able to leave it while I am away. I thought a low power Atom computer would be a great way to do this.

Once I built the big computer then I could work on designing a small form factor one as the components become available.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Have you ever put a ADSL modem in a computer or know of any project where a ADSL modem has been put in a computer

Thank you....

I've not done it myself but it is possible...

http://linitx.com/product/12181