Open Source Forum Software

bobtheman

forum software  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Forums software for hak5 should be

• proprietary
    • change to an open source solution.

considering this is a site based around hacking, which generally speaking hackers prefer open source software because its easier to hack, and to contribute to, i didnt think it would be necessary to review the millions of posts/forums/blogs that talk about the benefits of opensource software...

considering this is a site based around hacking, which generally speaking hackers prefer open source software because its easier to hack, and to contribute to, i didnt think it would be necessary to review the millions of posts/forums/blogs that talk about the benefits of opensource software...

Right... but what are the specific benefits in this particular case?

What does switching to an open-source forum software get us (other than a warm fuzzy feeling) that makes it worth the time/cost/effort of changing out the forum software and also losing all the old posts?

In my experience, hackers are also very pragmatic. If there's nothing that needs changing, then whether or not we're able to change it really isn't relevant.

• 2 months later...