Free Server 2003 Backup Software

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a free backup software that would work for Windows Server 2003. I don't really care for NTBackup. I have tried using Comodo Backup but can't seem to get the hang of it. Ideally, I would like something similar to the Windows Server 2008 backup, Windows Server Backup - WBAdmin. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Chris

Check out Amanda, its open source and most of all very popular

http://amanda.zmanda.com/

Check out Amanda, its open source and most of all very popular

http://amanda.zmanda.com/

Thanks for the recommendation.

It looks like a cool backup solution. I was kind of hoping for something that would not require a seperate box. Although, after reading all the features I may consider this now.

Thanks again,

Chris

Edited by syko24

I use BackupPC ( http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/ ) ,for backing up my only windows box, if your going to use anther box, BackupPC has a lot of nice features.

Not sure what the requirements are for your needs but simple scripts will do any backup and just run a scheduler.

Using perl in windows for a backup script will give you a ton of functionality.

I use BackupPC ( http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/ ) ,for backing up my only windows box, if your going to use anther box, BackupPC has a lot of nice features.

Not sure what the requirements are for your needs but simple scripts will do any backup and just run a scheduler.

Using perl in windows for a backup script will give you a ton of functionality.

Thanks, I like the web interface on this one. I am not sure if it allows for a Windows server to backup though. Their website only mentions PCs.

Does anyone have experience using the free crashplan.com? It looks like a pretty straight forward program and easy to use. I think you can even do free offsite backup to one of your own computers. Has anyone here tried it or have an opinion on it?

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks, I like the web interface on this one. I am not sure if it allows for a Windows server to backup though. Their website only mentions PCs.

Does anyone have experience using the free crashplan.com? It looks like a pretty straight forward program and easy to use. I think you can even do free offsite backup to one of your own computers. Has anyone here tried it or have an opinion on it?

Thanks,

Chris

Windows Server shouldn't be any different than backing up XP. Files are files, all you need is a program to copy them to wherever you want your backup.

Windows Server shouldn't be any different than backing up XP. Files are files, all you need is a program to copy them to wherever you want your backup.

Not entirely true. Some home imaging/backup software packages will not run under Server OS due to software licensing checks so backup vendors can sell more expensive server backup software.

Not entirely true. Some home imaging/backup software packages will not run under Server OS due to software licensing checks so backup vendors can sell more expensive server backup software.

True, but most free/open-source programs shouldn't care unless the producer also makes a commercial version.

• 1 month later...

Our company is using easeus todo backup server. It works well all the years.

You can have a try. :P

Just saw a Hak5 tip on TODO backups and really liked it.

• 1 month later...