Log Me In Monitoring

Is it possible to monitor any LogMeIn connection on a corporate network? We suspect someone is using it, we don't want to block the site yet but monitor to see if it is being used on the work station we think.

LogMeIn (from what I understand) always uses encryption (what type of encryption I am not aware). Monitoring it may be difficult. The best you can probably do without much difficulty is look for a LogMeIn connection and know which computer it's going to/from.

• 2 weeks later...

How about using a Wireshark filter "host logmein.com" and just look for a connection and a destination IP. The packets would be encrypted, but it should still come from logmein.com I guess?

Something you can consider once you figure out who it is.

https://logmeinsupport.com/kblive/crm/selfservice/displaywh.jsp?DocId=2538

How do I block LogMeIn so my employees can't use it?

If you would like to prevent your employees from installing LogMeIn on their work computer, you should block secure.logmein.com on your firewall(s).

If you are on a Windows Domain, you may also install our Group Policy Object, which will allow you to limit access throughout your entire domain, without the need for firewall rules. Please see the link below for more information regarding our Group Policy Object.

How do I install the LogMeIn Active Directory Group Policy template (logmein.adm)?

Chris

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible for a DPI (deep packet inspection) to look into an encrypted traffic?

• 3 weeks later...

joeypesci - DPI in this case can allow an "authorized" MItM to inspect some encrypted elements. What happens, the DPI piece acts as a proxy between you and a far end SSL site. It exchanges certs with the far end site, then exchanges a different set of certs with the client, which are trusted. Therefore it splits the SSL stream into 2 distinct sessions, one between server and DPI and one between DPI and client. Decrypts server stream, inspects, then encrypts to client.