Free Vpn For Ipod Touch (jailbroken)

Jamo

Hi,

Im using iPod touch and it vould be nice to have a bit more secure connection, when using hotspots, so do you have any ideas of free VPN service providers.

(Or my other option is to create one own server - I have Fon+ with OpenWrt, kamikaze. Is it possible to config own vpn server to it. And is it possible to have webserver+ssl connection for proxy (phproxy or something else) in fon+.)

It would be nicer to have own proxy, well, I think that it will be another post.

Edited by Jarmo

Both proxpn and ItsHidden offer free (with certain limits) PPTP VPN services, which can be used on the iPhone or iPod touch without the need for jailbreaking or additional software.

How much you trust those services is up to you, and remember that running your server would be more secure, but just for access at wifi hotspots, they should do the trick nicely.

Both proxpn and ItsHidden offer free (with certain limits) PPTP VPN services, which can be used on the iPhone or iPod touch without the need for jailbreaking or additional software.

How much you trust those services is up to you, and remember that running your server would be more secure, but just for access at wifi hotspots, they should do the trick nicely.

Do you have any experience with those services?

Yea running own server is probably most secure thing that I can do, but not as easy.

Yea running own server is probably most secure thing that I can do, but not as easy.

If you are using Windows it can be quite easy to set up a VPN service, in Linux it can be quite challenging if you are new to it.

I have experience of both of those services, and they both work nicely on PPTP, with nice speeds, fine for net browsing etc, but not really for downloading large files.

I haven't used either of them for a few months though, so I'm not sure if anything has changed in how they are run. (I now use a paid OpenVPN service for better speeds).