[Version 1] How To Get Your Own Usb Rubber Ducky Version Alpha

Seshan

What's in side the "USB Rubber Ducky"?
The USB rubber ducky uses a Teensy 2.0. You can order them online here: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/

How do I use the Teensy?
In episode 503 Darren showed us the basics of a Teensy. Watch that segment here: http://revision3.com/hak5/Service-Unavailable#seek=277:865

What about the connector?
The USB rubber ducky uses a Type-A Male USB to a Mini-B Male USB (Mini-B Not Type-B, could also be called a 5 pin usb) connector, you can find one here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.441 and another one here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2704 you could find them on eBay, But I prefer Deal Extreme.

What about the ducky!?
You can find your flavor of ducks here http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories or at your local brick and mortar dollar store.

I want to talk to other people about my love for the USB Rubber Ducky
You are in luck! USB Rubber Ducky has a IRC room at irc.awesomeirc.net #ducky That's the same IRC server that #hak5 uses!

I'd like to share my code with everyone!
That's great! Mark your thread tittles with
 and what OS it is for [Win] [OS X] [linux] , Etc. To make it easier for people to find it!
Example Topic: "[Code][Win] This is my 1337 code"
Edited by Seshan

If i dont receive, im going to end up buying one ;D Right now, i pulled out some older hardware that was given to me.

Hardware by Cypress, its the PSoC starter kit. A board that contains an accelerometer, 8 LEDs, a proximity sensor, and a few other neat things. Been messing with it seeing if i could possibly make it type also.

It's quite a cheap endeavor, at least initially. It's when you're adding a bunch of sensors, memory card housings, TF cards, and rubber duckies that it starts to add on. And even then it's still a small price to pay for potential pwnage.

Yeah, I could spend quite a bit on addons, my problem would be actually getting the teensy itself, I'm very glad you are sending these out and hope I get one so I can test my theorys on attacking OS X and OS X servers that are usually left logged in anyway (Because sysadmins usually don't think about physical security, that's the job of the security guy. ;) ).

I'm planning on adding an SD card for storage and as an excuse to have it plugged in, mulitcolour LEDs to the head and tail, touch sensors on sides and top to select payloads and a reed switch so that it can be activated when nobody is looking using a hidden magnet in a watch or something.

My other option is to hide it in a mouse and use the left mouse button with multicolour LEDs for payload selection then right click to activate. (The mouse would appear to be faulty as part of the social enginering aspect.)

So this could go wild very quickly and I can see why you are sending the dev kits out.

It's quite a cheap endeavor, at least initially. It's when you're adding a bunch of sensors, memory card housings, TF cards, and rubber duckies that it starts to add on. And even then it's still a small price to pay for potential pwnage.

You also are forgetting the cost of Blue LEDs. They are essential.

I ordered 2 of Teensys too with a friend of mine, so could split the postage :)

That evil volcano ash seems to delay things though, dunno when it will arrive here...

Got few ideas ready, just need the hardware to test em out. Also trying to find a place where I can order PCB for that extremely small version I posted about. No luck yet, everyplace just seems to have minimum of 1000 to order :D

Edited by byteTemplar

I ordered 2 of Teensys too with a friend of mine, so could split the postage :)

That evil volcano ash seems to delay things though, dunno when it will arrive here...

Got few ideas ready, just need the hardware to test em out. Also trying to find a place where I can order PCB for that extremely small version I posted about. No luck yet, everyplace just seems to have minimum of 1000 to order :D

Those teensy tiny particles of silica from the volcano are stopping your Teensy.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
What do you mean how to make one? The list of stuff you need is here, cut a whole in the ducks butt and stick the teensy in.

ROFL, this reminded me of work. We had spam getting through the filter on Friday (filter went down), I'm still telling people just to delete the damn spam and move on. Simple solution and it shuts them up.

• 1 year later...