[Version 1] How To Become A Developer

Michael

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for registering. While there is no guarantee that you will receive a devkit they will be shipped before April 29th. Domestic shipments take about 5 days. International can take 6-14 days. No hard feelings if you don't get one, we only have 100 to give away and there will likely be hundreds of registrations. This message will self destruct.

*throws the note at Darren*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxHr3G2wGow#t=3m35s

[/inspector Gadget reference]

Edited by Psychosis

Well, this project has made me get off my lurking behind.

As interested as I am in this crazy keyboard fob and all the wonderful things it can do, I probably cannot help all that much on the coding front unless you guys could use 2 years of Labview experience and a bunch of crazy ideas and expectations that don't transfer well to real life. But that's programming for you.

The world shall bow before the army of customized duckies. Would be kinda cool to see everyone taking a rubber ducky and making a little version of themselves.

I toyed with a photoresistor connected to a suction cup so that the teensy could tell when the screen changed significantly. The idea was to use the suction cup to attach the resistor to the screen over top of the login screen, then the teensy would know when the brute force was successful.

never managed to get it working right.

Why not attempt to execute something that would result in feedback to the actually Teensy after every attempted login? Something could coded and included on the SD card that would communicate to the Teensy. It would obviously make the process somewhat (maybe a lot) slower, but maybe you could try after a set amount of login attempts?

Just an idea.

Can't wait for this to get off the ground...

Why not attempt to execute something that would result in feedback to the actually Teensy after every attempted login? Something could coded and included on the SD card that would communicate to the Teensy. It would obviously make the process somewhat (maybe a lot) slower, but maybe you could try after a set amount of login attempts?

Just an idea.

Can't wait for this to get off the ground...

Better yet, that SD card could be an Eye-Fi card....

Better yet, that SD card could be an Eye-Fi card....

Wow... That could have so many more applications...

I was thinking some RF transceiver could allow the attacker to communicate with the device without having to be there the entire time. Also, Eye-Fi card as AP + ZipIt = LAN (I know... ZipIt couldn't handle VNC and the screen is too small to be of any use anyways.) to computers that aren't networked or are only on the company LAN... Since backdoors wouldn't work :)

edit: It would probably be easier to use existing drivers for a WiFi card that supports AP mode as the AP and the Eye-Fi card as the "client."

Edited by H@L0_F00

Fxck yeah, Eye-fi was the first thing that came to my mind when Darren said we could solder a memcard. Oh the possibilities! Also, I shall call mine the DUCKSAW! heheh.

Also, @Darren Kitchen Will there be any confirmation whether we get one or not? That'd be heaps cool. Thanks!

I found someone who made his teensy in to a usb mass storage device, he did use a 3.3V regulator.

it does mentione that is's slow but he got the sd-card mounted and from there you could use irongeeks code to look for it and run some code... I don't know if it would be possible to use the HID functionality while doing this tought.

The source code is on the page, but i'm not skilled enough to try this myself

I'm excited. This really is pretty clever since it's a HID. The possibilities are pretty much endless, and they are pretty much impossible to block, since it can even respond to UAC prompts! (and won't trigger very many on Windows 7) But I'm excited, and want one!

Longtime lurker, first time poster, old developer.

I look forward to see what everyone does with this device. It certainly looking promising and interesting. I'm curious about it since I am quite interested in physical security and it's downfalls in an office or school setting.

Hope to be one of the lucky few, if not i'll be ordering one!

I would be interested in working on this effort. I have 10+ years experience with multiple languages including Java, C, C++, Perl, and ruby. I have a minor in Computer Science and recently passed the CISSP exam. I am very interested in physical security and how a device such as this could be used to compromise a facility from within.

Regards,

Darby

I'd love to help with this project too!

Started out with QBasic on the TI calculator (good old middle school!). Learned Pascal, C++, Visual Basic in high school. Worked with C and C++ in college. Learned and work with HTML, PHP, JavaScript and SQL on my own. Worked with Python and TCL/TK (just the tool kit really) in a prior job and now work with SQL often (in a minor way). Ham op for last 6 years. Enjoy electronics and soldering random things :) Network+ certified.

I've got no experience directly programming hardware but I would love to work with this project!

Darren, hopefully I'll be considered for this but if not, please stock these in the Hak5 store! Thanks

Edited by Enigma02