[Version 1] How To Become A Developer

Michael

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad I don't know any programming languages, But I bought one a couples weeks ago and should be here soon, I'd rather learn on one I bought my self and let the free ones go to people that know how to program. :)

I also hope the wiki goes back up soon, it will be helpful for this. :D

Edited by Seshan

I would also like to develop for ducky.

I got 5years+ of programing exp. in Bash/ksh, some perl/C under Linux, delphi/C++ under Windows, and PHP for the Web.

Edited by ntr

I'm definitely offering my services.

C++ was the first language I learnt, about 4 years ago now, + known C for ~3. I'm always trying to finish off some project inbetween lectures but I finish all my exams in a month, so I'll be looking for some programming to do.

This should be fun.

Edited by jez_mp3

I would also love to develop for this.

I have some experience in Objective-C and C++ (few weeks - 2 months), moderate experience in Python, Java, PHP and Visual C#.NET (few months - 2 years), and loads of experience with Visual Basic.NET (3-4 years).

I also have quite a bit of spare time coming up that I'm more than happy to devote to this.

Since you said you were going to show me how to become a developer, show me, Mr. Michael.

If you are asking a question, it should be "How do I..." instead of "How to".

Stay in school, and learn proper grammar and sentence structure. Once you learn how to master that, then you can move your focus onto the "Rubber Ducky" project.

I would love to develop the Ducky, including expanding the hardware.

I have been working with electronics since I was about 6 years old; now I work with embedded microcontroller systems (including ARM, MIPS, PIC, Arduino, Zilog, Intel, and many other embedded platforms). I work with both hardware and software. I can solder very well, I can do 0.25mm pitch SMD pins and BGA packages. I am very experienced with C, C++, Assembly (I have worked with: Intel, MIPS, AT&T, NASM, MASM, and other syntaxes), many forms of BASIC, and many other languages. I have written both embedded operating systems, and an x86 operating system.

No one would ever suspect the innocent rubber ducky.

FWIW, I would really like to develop for the ducky, I've been programming in c++ for the last few year, however I am also familiar with other syntaxes such as python, c#, java, pascal...

Haven't played around with arduino before and would really love to get into that :)

BTW awesome project!

I also would like to be one of the 100 !

I am a home automation programmer in Australia

and currently have an Arudio Duemilanove and an Arduino MEGA

An Arduino that acts as a HID device sounds like a wicked project I would be keen to help program.

Edited by AUS Hacker

I've been programming for years, I have experience programming with Arduinos, making fully autonomous robots powered by a Gameboy Advance. If you're not into soldiering then you could do like I did and put a hub, a flash drive and your teensy into an enclosure .... it may be big but it works!

Bring the link online soon =)

I would also like to contribute to the project. I'm a computer engineer. I've written several applications for the Arduino (controlling motors, sensors, power supplies, etc.). I've written bootloaders in C and assembly for several microcontrollers. I also have boatloads of experience interfacing with the FTDI UART on most arduino boards via the D2XX drivers. I'm proficient in C, C++, Objective-C, and several assembly languages. Even if I don't receive one of the 100 kits, I'd still like to contribute to the project :).