Spam man.......

CBSab

yea i got 2 like that today from "Dersterman" and i blocked him plus included the reason y>> "i am running Ubuntu and i know i do not have any viruses"... that was earlier today about 9am and i just went back to his page and he is Banned.... one down so i think when u guys get mail like that u should block them and include the reason y B)

We're working on the problem, hopefully we'll have a fix soon, bear with us. The above user has been banned.

no rush for me i just block people like that :) .. thanks for the heads-up

• 2 weeks later...

Sent to me by JoannyDavis

DONT CLICK THE LINK IT IS IN FACT A VIRUS

Your computer was noticed in email spam. It is quite possible that it is a part of botnet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet). Strongly recommend you to scan your computer for malware. You can do it online, for example, at:

http://virus-total.in/detected/spammers/acer5050

Please, follow this. Otherwise I have to send abuse mail to your ISP with all the ensuing consequences.

Thank you, Joan Davis.

Sent to me by JoannyDavis

DONT CLICK THE LINK IT IS IN FACT A VIRUS

I found it kind of funny, if you do click on the link (for educational purposes) on my machine, it looks like the windows explorer screen. Now i know i don't have that on a mac, but still, i found it funny. As for Mr. JoannyDavis, i replied back to him saying he was an idiot for sending out spam and virus' and then i blocked him from messaging me again.

I found it kind of funny, if you do click on the link (for educational purposes) on my machine, it looks like the windows explorer screen. Now i know i don't have that on a mac, but still, i found it funny. As for Mr. JoannyDavis, i replied back to him saying he was an idiot for sending out spam and virus' and then i blocked him from messaging me again.

Ya, I got the PM, but judging from wat i did last time (from razzorman) I clicked it, and nothing happened 2 my PC, but it scared me. So I didn't click on the link, and then I was glad because it contains a real virus! =)

Ya, I got the PM, but judging from wat i did last time (from razzorman) I clicked it, and nothing happened 2 my PC, but it scared me. So I didn't click on the link, and then I was glad because it contains a real virus! =)

Sand box it in a VM and click clcik BOOM away!

joanny davis,desterman.....yip! Had those too. I must admit I was nearly caught out by the following one though....pmsl :D

Good day,

I hereby contact you about information submitted by Mr. John Tsai of Indo-China Group Ltd; we received an application instruction from the Chinese to transfer your contract/Inheritance payment to his designated account. Please as a matter of urgency, you are obliged to verify the following information and inform of this sudden change.

Did you instruct one Mr. John Tsai of Indo-China Group Ltd. Hong-Kong, whose information's is below, to claim and receive your payment? Are you aware of an "Affidavit of Claim" sworn by Mr. Tsai with instruction that your outstanding $7,500,000 (Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) be credited to Standard Chartered Bank, Hong Kong, A/C #USD114-1025567-8.

With this discovery all previous payment arrangement (ATM Debit Card, Cash Delivery etc.) are hereby call off, you are therefore advice to seize communication with anyone that had been connected with your payment.

We suspect that there is a sinister plot to divert your payment to Hong Kong by government/bank officials might have frustrated your effort by charging you unnecessary fee that cannot be accounted for officially. If you have made any payment in the past in pursuant of your $7.5M, please provide is with such evidence and we will assist you recover every cent.

If for any reason you are not aware of your fund diversion, it is therefore necessary you reconfirm your details and we will direct you on how to receive your fund 100% SWIFT MT 103 as your payment have been programmed for immediate release with 72hrs.

We wait to hear from you soonest.

Yours Faithfully,

Kelvin Haruna

Director,

Debt Management Office of Nigeria

www.dmonigeria.com

I have been waiting to hear from them soonest :rolleyes: ffs!

I know the spam is pretty bad lately, but can we get back to regular topics? Sorry if I sound like a prick, but how much should we devote to these fµckers? We're just boosting their ego at this point.

We need a solution, that is obvious, but the more you post complaints in this thread, the more it seems the spammer sends. Ive gotten a number of them now and forward them off but mostly just ignore it. The spammer probably reads these posts, if anything might even be one of the regular forum members or ex forum members, because if this were strictly automated spam, it should be easy to filter at this point. Almost all of the spam uses the same links and phrasing, just different user names.

Someone suggested Captchas and I agree for th emost part, but Captchas for PM's arent fun. At leasts its one level to thwart automation but maybe we can have rules that it only apply to people with less than a certain post count, so normal mainstream users dont have to use a captcha, since most of us dont use PM's anyway other than to speak to mods on stuff.

Another thought that occured to me, is maybe its more than just simple automated bots and we're being targeted more directly by another group of people, but at this point, its all speculation and banter that just eats up time.

If anything, Id much rather have an all out discussion on the efforts to take down the spammers sites that they link to, and get the IP posted of the person(s) doing the PM's. Ban the subnets these people come in on or something a little more drastic, see if it helps.