DARREN!!

thedude

• 2 months later...

Should be interesting, can't wait to see.

omg have i got some funny tech support stories ! lol

the password in one of our manuals said ....

your default user name is AAAAA and your password is AAAAA.

do u know how many calls we got saying "i've entered five A's and a full stop but it wont let me in."

common sense says try AAAAA if the AAAAA. password didn't work ....

this was a conflict of departments we were the developers yet the graphic designers and editors within our head office in london produced the manual.

omg have i got some funny tech support stories ! lol

the password in one of our manuals said ....

your default user name is AAAAA and your password is AAAAA.

do u know how many calls we got saying "i've entered five A's and a full stop but it wont let me in."

common sense says try AAAAA if the AAAAA. password didn't work ....

this was a conflict of departments we were the developers yet the graphic designers and editors within our head office in london produced the manual.

Periods get people every time. We had a certain manufacturing program at work that would only allow the admins to blank out a users password, not change it. This caused trouble because people simply do not understand, "Your password is blank, just type your username and press enter."

I also ran across a user once that swore caps-lock was on because the lettering on his keyboard, yes the physical lettering, was in upper-case.

Edited by fsck

lololol....i probably have a few to take the cake. Got 'em written down at home..will share when back from work.

One for the time being. (One avoidable problem is the computer is unplugged but nobody will listen to you because they think they are smarter then that.)

Them:My computer wont turn on......what should i do

Me:Is it plugged in?

Them:Of course it is....im not that stupid....i took *insert course here*....I know what Im doing its probably a virus

Me:It might be plugged in upside down

Them:.........Oh yea it is....its started now

^^^ YOU CANT PLUG IT IN UPSIDE DOWN!!! ^^^^^

I had a lady at work that would call me every time any sort of message popped up. Thankfully some calls were short. For example, on my end it might look like:

"Hello"

"What does it say?"

"Click Don't Send Report"

"No problem, you take care"

Can't you just disable error reporting? That would save from having to make some phone calls :)

Let me tell you I've had some of the best tech support calls ever. One of these days when I'm cleared to do so I'll share.

Maybe on the Hack Across America tour I'll do a reoccurring supplementary segment series called "Campfire Stores"

I bet you do have one of the best tech support calls ever. Looking forward to hear it.

we had a user who was a supervisor for nearly a decade at my last job, and he never knew how to press ctrl alt del, he would always have someone do it for him, for several years.

as an exchange admin, we had several users who stored important email in the deleted items folder....we discovered this when we set exchange to empty that folder when outlook was closed, alot of phone calls.

a user who said her computer wouldnt power up, went to her office, pressed the power button and it came up, and she said oh, i never use that power button (she would press power on the monitor)

i could go on and on, the joys of working as a sys admin / helpdesk