domain.com VPS Internet connection

Alien

Hi Hak5-Community,

i hope this is the right subforum to post in, if not pleaze shift it over, thanks.

My questions is, how good is the Internet Bandwith from the VPS of domain.com??

Because I have at home a 1mbit connection and need an computer somewhere to tunnel all my traffic threw.

And a little subquestion: Can I get an VPS from domain.com with debian installed? Only saw CentOS on their homepage.

ps.: Only need to use Couponcode HAK5 to support the show right?

I'm not using their VPS.

I'm using the Deluxe web hosting service for my personal web site. So far, I'm not very impressed. The service seems ok, but their customer service sucks. It takes several days (if not a week) to get answers to our support questions. When you do get an answer it's a generic nonsense answer that you can tell someone just copied and pasted out of the FAQ, and it doesn't answer the question you asked in the first place.

The only reason I'm sticking with them for now is I needed somewhere to host the Windows based web applications I'm working on so I can demo them for my clients.

• 2 weeks later...

I can back up Coder on his statements. They are pretty tough to work with!

I am doing a test run on their VPS, and they seem to be very rigid about supporting issues without paying more money.

I'm pretty sure your locked into using CentOS. And good luck getting that OS to upgrade PHP to anything higher than ;

PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Jan 13 2010 17:13:05)

Copyright © 1997-2006 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright © 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.16, Copyright © 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd.

Also, dns tunneling with iodine is a no-go. So my list of uses has greatly diminished. I do know this though, you can get an unlimited bandwidth ssh without getting a VPS.

http://www.godaddy.com/Hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=9009

Let me know if they are not worth checking out because that is my next option.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have at least a fixed ip adress??

I was thinking about a vps to have some fun with netcat and route some traffice threw those systems, like in those films when they try track the signal of the bad guy and its jumping from country to country B)

And to really use that connection i need a good bandwith to watch videos or something else ....

• 1 month later...