SSL VPN Configuration

Sank0r

Hello guys! Well, I'm here cause I started to learn about VPNs on the last months but honestly I'm still a bit stuck.

I have a project that may not be the best to begin with, but I think is the best alternative.

A customer has his office, located at a center, which blocks all types of PPTP VPN connection. That was when I saw the episode number 607 on SSL VPN, which only uses a web environment, no need to install any client, this site uses certificates from https: / / etc, etc, etc.

I have been researching a lot about how best to deploy this virtual network. Additive and is installed with the basic functions, but honestly do not know exactly if I do what I need to do, and how to configure it, if someone has some knowledge about this software please I would appreciate your help and I'll explain what I want do.

Thanks in advance, and I think this community is excellent!

To follow up, HERE is a web 'VPN' client called Adito, which requires nothing more than a web browser. Extremely easy to set up and it can tie in to Active Directory if you are fighting that battle.

I just installed an Adito server for a customer and its working great. They prefer a VPN Client, but loved the fact that there was a back up in place in case, as in your situation, VPN tunnels are blocked.

Once Adito is installed, use the web config to set the server up, and verify that the Adito service was integrated during the install.

To follow up, HERE is a web 'VPN' client called Adito, which requires nothing more than a web browser. Extremely easy to set up and it can tie in to Active Directory if you are fighting that battle.

I just installed an Adito server for a customer and its working great. They prefer a VPN Client, but loved the fact that there was a back up in place in case, as in your situation, VPN tunnels are blocked.

Once Adito is installed, use the web config to set the server up, and verify that the Adito service was integrated during the install.

Well yes, in this case they have already tried to VPN in place but apparently the corporate firewall blocks the entrance to a normal VPN.

Now, I download the OpenVPN VHD Access Server for Windows, I've installed it in VirtualBox, the server is running and acept 2 concurrent users with the free key, I tried with 2 computers accessing the server and it works the URL, I downloaded the VPN client and the server gives to each PC like 10.x.x.2, and the other 10.x.x2. Even a driver was installed it, TAP-Win32 network.

My question is: Once each PC is running the VPN client, this simulates a local network and can be used like a LAN? Or I need to configure something extra.

I installed Adito, I was easy, from anywhere I can view my Preset Network Places, but the SSL tunnel doesn't give me like the option to view files located on the server from the Data Base program He's using, or I don't know if I did something wrong or what do I need to do.

Basically what I want is that he can be able to use from his computer the Data Base program with the Data that is on the remote server from anywhere. Adito works for this? Or should I use OpenVPN instead

Thank you very much in advance.

NOTE: I've seen many SSL VPN appliances, like the Linksys One, or the Netgear ones like http://prosecure.netgear.com/products/pros...-utm-series.php . I know there the Barracuda Ones or the Juniper, but forget those, I've seen the Netgear and I wonder if this could be an option as well, since you just acces the router from anyware.

• 3 months later...
Well yes, in this case they have already tried to VPN in place but apparently the corporate firewall blocks the entrance to a normal VPN.

Now, I download the OpenVPN VHD Access Server for Windows, I've installed it in VirtualBox, the server is running and acept 2 concurrent users with the free key, I tried with 2 computers accessing the server and it works the URL, I downloaded the VPN client and the server gives to each PC like 10.x.x.2, and the other 10.x.x2. Even a driver was installed it, TAP-Win32 network.

My question is: Once each PC is running the VPN client, this simulates a local network and can be used like a LAN? Or I need to configure something extra.

I installed Adito, I was easy, from anywhere I can view my Preset Network Places, but the SSL tunnel doesn't give me like the option to view files located on the server from the Data Base program He's using, or I don't know if I did something wrong or what do I need to do.

Basically what I want is that he can be able to use from his computer the Data Base program with the Data that is on the remote server from anywhere. Adito works for this? Or should I use OpenVPN instead

Thank you very much in advance.

NOTE: I've seen many SSL VPN appliances, like the Linksys One, or the Netgear ones like http://prosecure.netgear.com/products/pros...-utm-series.php . I know there the Barracuda Ones or the Juniper, but forget those, I've seen the Netgear and I wonder if this could be an option as well, since you just acces the router from anyware.

Hi Sankor,

I think what you need is OpenVPN ALS, it allows you to access all you local resources via a web browser using HTTPS.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openvpn-als/

Edited by Infiltrator

I can't remember what episode that was, but Darren did a demonstration on how to set it up and access local resources from the internet using openvpn-als which is ADITO.

Edited by Infiltrator