python-twisted-words.i686 8.2.0-3.fc12 @fedora

Thank you for the quick reply.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there anyone else that has been "blocked" from grooveshark? I can't make searches via the web-browser on groovesharks home page (or i can but the results are all empty). The same thing happends if I use my own app to search with.If I however uses tinysong to make the search and then via my own gs app access groveshark I still can get the song.

If I access grooveshark from another place (like my work) everything works like it should.

Does anyone have a clue?

I don't send shit it is when I access the grooveshark homepage via firefox and search for anything (like fear of the dark) I don't get any replies at all. Or if I look at the wireshark capture I see that I get lots of replies none which is the correct song at least. Using my own app I get the same result. 200 songs but none that works. Using tiny song I get a correct songID which I then can sedn to grooveshark to get the stream data. So my json can't be that bad...

I'll get a wireshark trace later (I hope)

• 2 weeks later...
now i know what you mean :lol:

edit: yes they are blocking now, switched my vpn and it works again

But why can I access thier stream server and get the songs if I use the tinySong API to retrive the songID? That seems stupid. Are they blocking based on IPaddress or something else? Maybe that change of ISP became higher prioritized :)

But why can I access thier stream server and get the songs if I use the tinySong API to retrive the songID? That seems stupid. Are they blocking based on IPaddress or something else? Maybe that change of ISP became higher prioritized :)

i dont know their internal "ban policy" but what sounds logic is that they only block the official site (grooveshark.com api, not tinysong)

i dont know how they can see what application uses their site but if you get banned you cannot access grooveshark.com (you can but you cannot use the search), no matter if its then the real IE, FF etc.

i get banned when i send my json using the new api (getSearchResultsEx etc.) and not the old one, so maybe its better to use the old one until someone knows what reasons must be given for a ban

you said you use your own client - does it use the new api or the old one of nettech?

i dont know their internal "ban policy" but what sounds logic is that they only block the official site (grooveshark.com api, not tinysong)

i dont know how they can see what application uses their site but if you get banned you cannot access grooveshark.com (you can but you cannot use the search), no matter if its then the real IE, FF etc.

i get banned when i send my json using the new api (getSearchResultsEx etc.) and not the old one, so maybe its better to use the old one until someone knows what reasons must be given for a ban

you said you use your own client - does it use the new api or the old one of nettech?

Now it seems they removed the ban :).

I use the "new" one I thinnk (if that is the "getResultsEx") one? (at least it works...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just checked my little app .. its not working anymore

so i took a look at the grooveshark hp... they changed their API pretty heavy...

anyone an idea how to get this token now?

edit: correction: not the api but the client identification, i get invalid client at getCommunicationToken

Edited by awas

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm having problems using this app as well. I get the following error when trying to click search:

Updating Grooveshark Info: 'Error: Error: No Result; Fault Data was logged.

Additionally, it says I need to upgrade from 2010.6.4.1 to 2010.6.7.1 but I cannot find the download

• 3 weeks later...

they probably analyzed some logs and made regarding changes to block everyone who is not faking a browser 100%

one thing is that the request must contain a "Content-Length" header, otherwise the request is blocked

if someone has more informations, please pm me :)

Yes they it still works using an api from a while ago but the Grooveshark INIT variables have changed names to window.gsConfig and is declared differently so you will have to change the regular expression if you use that to find it. Also the other change grooveshark is the JSON data is send with hex encoded length information in the form

LENGTH 1 in HEX

STRING 1

LENGTH 2

STRING 2

ETC...

The most data a line can carry is 10000H or 65536 in decimal.