6 replies to this topic

#1 Satal Keto

Satal Keto

Hak5 Fan

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

I'm trying to create the Multipass described in episode 524.

When I try to run PeToUSB against my 16GB SanDisk Cruzer USB, I get the following error
FormatEx Error[11]: An Error Occurred Formating the Drive.

I have tried this both on XP and on Vista (using Run As Administrator)

I have tried what Darren said about formatting it to FAT32 if I get an error, but I still get the error after that, I have also tried formatting to NTFS to see if that works but without any luck.

I was wondering whether anyone else had come across this problem and had managed to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help in advance

Satal laugh.gif

EDIT:

I have also received
FormatEx Error[7]: Failed To Dismount Drive

while trying to do the same thing on a XP VM, but I'm just assuming that's something about it being on a VM

My website www.SatalKeto.com

#2 digip

digip

-we're all just neophytes-

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Satal Keto @ Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:59:41 +0000) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm trying to create the Multipass described in episode 524.

When I try to run PeToUSB against my 16GB SanDisk Cruzer USB, I get the following error

I have tried this both on XP and on Vista (using Run As Administrator)

I have tried what Darren said about formatting it to FAT32 if I get an error, but I still get the error after that, I have also tried formatting to NTFS to see if that works but without any luck.

I was wondering whether anyone else had come across this problem and had managed to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help in advance

Satal laugh.gif

Maybe the drive is corrupted? You can also try formatting under linux as fat32 as well. If linux can't do it as well orread the drive, then maybe the drive is damaged to begin with.
@xxdigipxx http://www.attack-scanner.com/ | I'm the resident dick around here, or so I am told. Don't take it personally, I just give a shit too much sometimes. respect to all, its the Internet, don't take it to heart.
"Staying quiet doesn't mean I have nothing to say, it means I don't think you're ready to hear my thoughts..."

#3 Satal Keto

Satal Keto

Hak5 Fan

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (digip @ Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:03:15 +0000) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe the drive is corrupted? You can also try formatting under linux as fat32 as well. If linux can't do it as well orread the drive, then maybe the drive is damaged to begin with.

I would hope that it isn't corrupted as its still pretty new sad.gif
I tried formatting it to Fat32 using Ubuntu using the following command
sudo mkfs.msdos -F 32 /dev/sda1

It still didn't work on Vista or XP sad.gif

So hopefully some one else has an idea of what I could possibly do to try and get this working as I would like to think that my USB stick isn't corrupt as I have been using it without a problem for a couple weeks now.

My website www.SatalKeto.com

#4 Netshroud

Netshroud

Hak5 Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Is it formatting at FAT32 when you try format the drive, or throwing the error then? If it does format as FAT32, are you trying to run PeToUSB after formatting it with FAT32? If so, you dont need to. Run PeToUSB, and when it throws the error, format the partition at FAT32. You dont need to run PeToUSB after that.
"Why is it 'marketing' when a company helps itself to my information against my will and 'piracy' or 'industrial espionage' if I helped myself to THEIR information against their will ?"

#5 iissaabelle

iissaabelle

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

I just got the same problem, and after 2 days... leave my 8 giga usb key and buy a 4 G one... and it works fine.

The usb key for PeToUSB has to be 4GB, not more.

rolleyes.gif

#6 Netshroud

Netshroud

Hak5 Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (iissaabelle @ Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:12:02 +0000) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got the same problem, and after 2 days... leave my 8 giga usb key and buy a 4 G one... and it works fine.

The usb key for PeToUSB has to be 4GB, not more.

rolleyes.gif

My 8GB USB key worked.
"Why is it 'marketing' when a company helps itself to my information against my will and 'piracy' or 'industrial espionage' if I helped myself to THEIR information against their will ?"

#7 AussieKlutz

AussieKlutz

Hak5 Fan

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

A modified version of pe2usb is available at: http://ezyuzin.livej...l.com/2729.html

The source has been tied down and force fed spinach until it became awesome enough to work with larger disks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users