Vista install of U3 packages

DingleBerries

Follow me step by step as I give you the loooong way of installing iso's to a U3 capable device.

Step 1. Download the SanDisk LPInstaller.exe and your favorite U3 payload.

Step 2. Download MoWes Portable Web server. The only required package is Apache.

Step 3. Edit your host file, "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\", so it looks like this like this:

127.0.0.1       localhost u3.sandisk.com

Step 4. Install Mowes

Step 5. Go to the MoWeS install folder and in the "/www/" directory create this folder structurer

"/download/apps/lpinstaller/isofiles/"

Step 6. Rename your PAYLOAD.ISO to cruzer-autorun.iso and place it in the last folder.

Step 7. Run LPInstaller.exe

Step 8. None of the data on the flash partition will not be touched.

Step 9. Eject your flash drive.. 1...2...3...plug it back in.

Step 10 Youre done

Step 11 ?????

Step 12 Profit

Here is the proof

2963082269_97f31f8f13_b.jpg

2963925214_529073a1ef_b.jpg

2963082575_98fb62b460_o.png

2963082489_0d6ac77830_o.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will send you an email when i am done.. This is my first attempt a reverse engineering so im going to test it a few times before i screw everyones shit up.

EDIT

I cant save the exe after ive made changes.. If anyone elese would like to help i can point them in the right direction. lol sorry..

Nice idea, evilgrade plugin anyone?

Oddly my installer is slightly different and uses:

/download/apps/lpinstaller/isofiles/PelicanBFG-autorun.iso

wireshark.jpg

Is there a way to modify the exe with a hex editor to allow customizing the download link? so that its not necessary to trick it into thinking its going to u3.sandisk.com?

I will send you an email when i am done.. This is my first attempt a reverse engineering so im going to test it a few times before i screw everyones shit up.

EDIT

I cant save the exe after ive made changes.. If anyone elese would like to help i can point them in the right direction. lol sorry..

How far did you get with this? Was the new domain (did it use a domain or IP) the same length as the old? e.g. re.usbhack.net.

Is there a way to modify the exe with a hex editor to allow customizing the download link? so that its not necessary to trick it into thinking its going to u3.sandisk.com?

I gather thats what DingleBerries has been up to.

I've been thinking how bad evilgrade could be on large networks with lots of people using standard U3s.

UPDATE: wish i knew about this method before....anyways... it pulls the volume name of the U3 drive and appends it to the url so if you changed the name of it then it will break the lpinstaller program for contacting the internet...

GET /download/apps/lpinstaller/isofiles/X3n-autorun.iso HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: SanDisk HTTP Manager

Host: u3.sandisk.com

Connection: Keep-Alive

UPDATE2 : successfully ran with both HFS and MicroApache...

This method is way way way faster than the universal-customizer and doesnt touch the regular partition at all!

Woot! Good work dingleberrys!

well weather or not that is possible i dont know cause i suck at hex editing but i am writing an autoIT script that does it the manual way and then undoes the changes... should have something a little later today.

I wrote a autoIT script that runs everything great... it does all the steps and then undoes it afterwords... i can post the source code tommorow... im using micro apache as a web server... works great so far and will be mostly silent when finsihed...

I wrote a autoIT script that runs everything great... it does all the steps and then undoes it afterwords... i can post the source code tommorow... im using micro apache as a web server... works great so far and will be mostly silent when finsihed...

Thats great. When and if anyone volunteers a server I can release a P.O.C and move on to the final installer.