Mk4 Firmware 2.0.0: Usb Inserted Halts Lan/poe Traffic

I have upgraded my Pineapple IV to 2.0.0 but when I use fstab to mount my (16GB) SanDisk Fit USB drive card I loose poe/lan connectivity. I also saw a similar thread on this issue yesterday here: http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25731&view=findpost&p=202088

I have 3 partitions on a 16GB drive (last partition is swap)

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap

option from_fstab 1

option anon_swap 1

config mount

option target /usb

option device /dev/sda1

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config mount

option target /usb2

option device /dev/sda2

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config swap

option device /dev/sda3

option enabled 1

I have upgraded my Pineapple IV to 2.0.0 but when I use fstab to mount my (16GB) SanDisk Fit USB drive card I loose poe/lan connectivity. I also saw a similar thread on this issue yesterday here: http://forums.hak5.o...ndpost&p=202088

I have 3 partitions on a 16GB drive (last partition is swap)

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap

option from_fstab 1

option anon_swap 1

config mount

option target /usb

option device /dev/sda1

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config mount

option target /usb2

option device /dev/sda2

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config swap

option device /dev/sda3

option enabled 1

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

is in there twice

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

is in there twice

One is automount the other is autoswap

config global automount <--- Mount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap <--- Swap

option from_fstab 1

option anon_swap 1

I've taken the following steps to confirm this issue:

1. Removed USB Drive (previously working under 1.1.1) reset fstab configuration to default -> Boots no problem LAN interface responds to pings and I can SSH to the LAN interface

2. Reformatted USB Drive partitions

3. reapplied fstab that supports 3 partitioned USB drive (2 Data /dev/sda1 and sda2, 1 swap partition /dev/sda3)

4. inserted USB drive devices and swap properly recognized - LAN interface responds to pings and I can SSH to the LAN interface

5. reboot

6. LAN interface no longer responds to pings nor ssh

7. removed USB while powered on - still no response to pings nor ssh

8. reboot with no USB (fstab still set for 3 partitioned USB) - LAN interface responds to pings and I can SSH to the LAN interface

I've taken the following steps to confirm this issue:

1. Removed USB Drive (previously working under 1.1.1) reset fstab configuration to default -> Boots no problem LAN interface responds to pings and I can SSH to the LAN interface

2. Reformatted USB Drive partitions

3. reapplied fstab that supports 3 partitioned USB drive (2 Data /dev/sda1 and sda2, 1 swap partition /dev/sda3)

4. inserted USB drive devices and swap properly recognized - LAN interface responds to pings and I can SSH to the LAN interface

5. reboot

6. LAN interface no longer responds to pings nor ssh

7. removed USB while powered on - still no response to pings nor ssh

8. reboot with no USB (fstab still set for 3 partitioned USB) - LAN interface responds to pings and I can SSH to the LAN interface

UPDATE:

9. Reformatted USB Drive and reduced partions to 2 (14GB storage, 2GB Swap)

10. Looked at device assignments - It appears as though /dev/sda2 is "skipped" during device numeration. The second partition is recognized as/dev/sda3 NOT /dev/sda2

11. ran "mkswap /dev/sda3"

12. updated the default fstab swap options to point to /dev/sda3 (note I only have 2 partions now, as previously stated /dev/sda2 is skipped in version 2.0.0)

13. reboot

14. Pineapple functioning as expected

For completeness my fstab (The USB page on the pineapple) is as follows for my 16GB Sandisk Cruiser Fit (2 partitions 14GB + 2 GB Swap) :

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap

option from_fstab 1

option anon_swap 1

config mount

option target /usb

option device /dev/sda1

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config swap

option device /dev/sda3

option enabled 1

I have upgraded my Pineapple IV to 2.0.0 but when I use fstab to mount my (16GB) SanDisk Fit USB drive card I loose poe/lan connectivity. I also saw a similar thread on this issue yesterday here: http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25731&view=findpost&p=202088

Yeah, I had this working on 1.1.1 too and did a write-up on here in early/mid april... Mine wouldn't boot 2.0.0 firmware if the usb device was plugged in... I've repartitioned to a 2 partition device, 1 useable and 1 swap... pineapple boots fine with it plugged in.

Yeah, I had this working on 1.1.1 too and did a write-up on here in early/mid april... Mine wouldn't boot 2.0.0 firmware if the usb device was plugged in... I've repartitioned to a 2 partition device, 1 useable and 1 swap... pineapple boots fine with it plugged in.

Another thing I noticed in 2.0.0 is having 3G dongle with microSD in it plugged into MK4, my /dev/sda (microSD) dissappears after about 10 minutes while plugged. I can't install any packages through opkg. It says /dev/sda is read-only or something.

I have 3 Pineapples for various uses I still have another Pineapple 16GB USB drive with 3 partitions, I'll take a look at it based on what I've learned to see if I can get it working. I also have a 3g dongle i'll see if that's functioning properly too. More to follow...

I have been experiencing the same problems poe/lan not working with the micro sd card mounted in my huawei modem, dns spoof not working maybe due to sym links I have on the sd card, it a bit of a pain as ics sharing wont work either because of the poe/lan problem, for me its back to firmware 1.1.1

Another thing I noticed in 2.0.0 is having 3G dongle with microSD in it plugged into MK4, my /dev/sda (microSD) dissappears after about 10 minutes while plugged. I can't install any packages through opkg. It says /dev/sda is read-only or something.

I ran into the same thing. Now my 16gb SanDisk Cruzer Fit says it is read-only...no matter what machine I put it in...and I cannot fdisk it or anything. I used that card under all previous pineapple versions just fine...I thought my card just went bad but now that someone else is having the exact same issue under 2.0.0 it makes me wonder what is going on.

Update I re-flashed (serial console) one of my Pineapple iVs to 2.0.0 with a 16GB Sandisk Cruiser Fit in the pineapple during the re-flash

The 16GB drive has 3 Partitions: 2 Data, 1 Swap

In this instance the usb drive partitions were detected properly and the devices were numerated properly

I did have to run "mkswap /dev/sda3" and update the fstab to support the two usb data partitions usb = /dev/sda1 usb2 = /dev/sda2 swap = /dev/sda3

fstab is as follows:

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap

option from_fstab 1

option anon_swap 1

config mount

option target /usb

option device /dev/sda1

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config mount

option target /usb2

option device /dev/sda2

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config swap

option device /dev/sda3

option enabled 1

Update I re-flashed (serial console) one of my Pineapple iVs to 2.0.0 with a 16GB Sandisk Cruiser Fit in the pineapple during the re-flash

The 16GB drive has 3 Partitions: 2 Data, 1 Swap

In this instance the usb drive partitions were detected properly and the devices were numerated properly

I did have to run "mkswap /dev/sda3" and update the fstab to support the two usb data partitions usb = /dev/sda1 usb2 = /dev/sda2 swap = /dev/sda3

fstab is as follows:

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap

option from_fstab 1

option anon_swap 1

config mount

option target /usb

option device /dev/sda1

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config mount

option target /usb2

option device /dev/sda2

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config swap

option device /dev/sda3

option enabled 1

Tried re-flashing with 3G dongle and microSD card inserted but over LAN cable. Didn't succeed, meaning still having issue with LAN port "disabled" when SD card is inserted into the 3G dongle.

On another side: I read in the forum you guys either do "mkswap /dev/sda2 or 3 to enbale swap. I have to do "mkswap /dev/sda" to enable my swap. Although "sda" has two partitions: sda1 mounted at /usb and /sd2a mounted at swap. Only when I issue "mkswap /dev/sda" my /dev/sda2 becomes swap and /dev/sda1 is mounted as /usb.

Do you think it's related?

Edited by niggizito