Alfa Ap51 - Where To Purchase

After contacting Alfa support, they gave me this site as a distributor for the Alfa AP51. There may be a different site for your country depending; you may want to email alfa.

This is the site they gave me after telling them USA was my country.

http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-588/ALFA-AP51-The-AP-fdsh-Client-fdsh-Router-fdsh-WISP-fdsh-Repeater/Detail.bok

Price: $45

Price after First Class or UPS Ground: $53

So buying from the HakShop is really not a bad deal to get the hardware, retractable network cable, and already hacked and ready to go. Also supporting Hak5 for making it all happen, I think $99.99 is a fair price for Hak5 to ask for.

Keep in mind it is the SAME hardware as the iMesh51 and is $54.99 (Before shipping)

I had to email them and ask why it wasn't on their site. And today I got a response that they will have it in stock next week. It now also appears on the website.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

I appreciate the support guys. Of course in the hacker spirit I also honor those who wish to build one themselves. We may soon offer an unflashed do-it-yourself pineapple at a reduced cost, but at the moment we're just trying to stay on top of current hakshop orders for the holidays. Will clean up and publish my build notes soon but basically the gist of it is flash the latest build of backfire, patch with digininja's karma, install php, oh and don't forget to add the gpioctl commands to cron every 4 minutes.

I appreciate the support guys. Of course in the hacker spirit I also honor those who wish to build one themselves. We may soon offer an unflashed do-it-yourself pineapple at a reduced cost, but at the moment we're just trying to stay on top of current hakshop orders for the holidays. Will clean up and publish my build notes soon but basically the gist of it is flash the latest build of backfire, patch with digininja's karma, install php, oh and don't forget to add the gpioctl commands to cron every 4 minutes.

So it would be like a Hak5 "Pineapple Mark III Kit". That would be cool.

Agreed. This is why we purchase directly from ALFA. Let's just say I'm done with eBay and random vendors in Alibaba.

Unfortunately that advice doesnt really translate to regular consumers because of the minimum order quantities.

That said, the AP51 is an implementation of the Atheros AR2315 SoC. You may remember this chip from the Fon 2100 or Open Mesh Mini. The Fon was nearly identical to the reference design board published by Atheros. Unfortunately since the Qualcomm Atheros merger these boards have become somewhat elusive.

I just ordered 2 of these. Spoke to customer service on the phone (PayPal doesn't seem to be working on their site, but google checkout is) and he indicated they were out of these for a while, but he confirmed that THEY ARE BACK IN STOCK!

Don't let 'em get away!

Thanks for the heads-up Mr. Protocol!

Nice!! Where do *I* sign up for THAT deal?? ;)

Am I understanding correctly that this.particular chipset is disco'd? Im thinking of.ordering even a.few.more if that's the case, they're cheap enough and it seems like this.project is going to keep building on this platform for quite a while, so its an investment of sorts.

So, good idea to stock up on a few more now? Plus, how cool would it be to setup an Evil MK3 PineNet...5 or 6 of em setup in a.very.target rich enviroment...office building with coffee shops on the ground floor. ;)

Not sure how that would work with a bunch of them together. But yes the chipset is discontinued and it's really your call if you want more or not. I have a Fon2100 I made, OM1P which will soon be a pineapple (Seb and I were playing around trying to get things working and we installed micro redboot, BAD IDEA!), and now the AP51.

Yeah, wasn't sure about the "Evil MK3 PineNet" thing. :) There are so many "targets" in the area where I work, figured strategically placed, capturing on their own, the results might be interesting to say the least. Place and gather routines. :)

Well, it seems I'm quite late to the whole Pineapple concept, and I'm definitely hooked! Since the chipset this project is currently working with is truly discontinued, I figured I'd better get caught up with some extra hardware. :) I grabbed two yesterday, and with the hakshop one that makes 3, so I'm probably good to go with that. It sounds like the AP51 is a perfect platform for this project, and always nice to have a working spare if nothing else. :)

Thanks again for all the assistance. Now if my workload can just relax a bit I could actually start having some fun instead of coming home exhausted every day!! :)

I created my pineapple army already after i told darren about my idea of creating an pineapple army, i currently, with permission have control of an entire apartment complex

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis!!

One could easily own an entire city block with a handful of these. I work in a high-rise office building with a LOT of ground floor cafe's, etc, all around on the adjacent blocks, all with free wifi!!

It's like fish in a barrel!! There are dozens upon dozens of open WAPs, and they're all heavily populated.

I think I'm gonna grab 2 more, just to be sure I have enough. :)

I just did a follow up email with the Data-Alliance guy who sent me the free one. He said they have sold 30+ since they sent me my free one and mostly in qty of 2's lol.

Heh...

Thank you for your order! This email confirms that we received your order. Please

review the information below and notify us immediately if you have any questions.

SNIP!

Data-alliance.net Items

2 Alfa AP51 AP / Client / Router / Repeater @ $45.00 = $90.00

Edited by barry99705

I just did a follow up email with the Data-Alliance guy who sent me the free one. He said they have sold 30+ since they sent me my free one and mostly in qty of 2's lol.

ahahah! Well, whaddya know about that? :)

I'm about to flash my hakshop MK3 to 1.9...awaiting my two separate shipments of 2 ea :) :) :)