Php On A Pineapple V2

UnDeFiNeD

Hey guys, I followed the instructions to the letter, the Auto-RickRolling works, Jasager works (of course, I bought a preconfigured version) but when I tried the phishing part, I ran into a roadblock with php. Any .php file that I create (even with just plain text and no php tags) just causes the following to be displayed:

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

I have no clue what to do because i followed the video EXACTLY then went through the steps again from the written tut.

NOTE: I am a windows user mostly and am not great with linux, but can find my way around simple commands. I would appreciate anyone helping to take that into account, thanks :)

Now I just reflashed, did clean install, followed all instructions from rick roll & phish tutorial and still, everytime i try open .php it prompts to download....I'm sure darren missed something out....

That sounds like PHP isnt configured correctly. I would issue the command: "cat /etc/httpd.conf" (without quotes) and make sure that at the end of the file you see the line *.php:/usr/bin/php

If it is, try "cd /www/" then "chmod 755 test.php" (replace test.php with whatever php file you are testing) to give execute rights

That being said, im no expert so don't expect too much lol...

See here - http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=20321 By the way, this should be put in the Jasegar forum section. Probably the reason no one has replied, as Robin aka Digininja is the one who usually helps people with jasegar stuff, and he probably follows those threads more closely than the rest of this stuff. He may have missed your questions.

See here - http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=20321 By the way, this should be put in the Jasegar forum section. Probably the reason no one has replied, as Robin aka Digininja is the one who usually helps people with jasegar stuff, and he probably follows those threads more closely than the rest of this stuff. He may have missed your questions.

no still not working, there is no . infront of my *.php

Alright digip, sorry, I am kinda new, saw a forum named "Questions" and headed here first. I will repost it there. Thanks.

looooooooooooooooooooool I finally figured it out.... seems the echo command wasn't working out..

“echo “cgi.force_redirect 0″ >> /etc/php.ini” was showing 0 but it didnt change a thing, so I manually went on a hunt....

vi /etc/php.ini

scrolled down to "; cgi.force_redirect = 0" and removed the ";" to make it look like "cgi.force_redirect = 0"

soo simple, soo many hours wasted :angry:

• 1 month later...

the problem i have, that others have had, is that it wants to save the php files. i have triple checked and tested everything over and over again (i have 24 redirect.php files in my download folder). i have changed things back and forth for testing and nothing seems to work. i did follow the how-to's and tested (and backed up configs and /www after each step) everything works fine except for php

my php.ini has the "cgi.force_redirect = 0", i have tried no "=" and no spaces, and even put in 1 to see what would happen.

in httpd.conf i have the "*.php:/usr/bin/php", i even looked to make sure php was in /usr/bin/ but no luck with that fixing anything.

i can rickroll, access jasager, or any html file just fine (moved webif to admin.html) but any php file it tries to download in chrome and firefox, ie just displays and unprocessed php file.

the only thing i have left to try before a reflash is reinstalling php and php-cgi. I really don't know what else to do, so any help would be appreciated.

as a side question: i cant get an ip address from the pineapple through wifi on my linux laptop (using wicd). is this common? meaning that linux cannot be tricked by the pineapple?

• 3 weeks later...

Been fiddling some more (another reflash and reinstall, and doing all the stuff written in this excellent forum. See my previous posts in the jasager part) but I'm as stuck as rountrey here above. baaronz trick didn't work for me either.

However, I will do some more testing. I have my Pineapple hooked up via lan-cable to my pc, from where I do all the flashing etc. After a couple of weeks afk It struck me that when I try the test.php (crome, ie, firefox) and it tries to download... I do it from the cable-connected pc. Perhaps the magic only works from wifi-connections to the pineapple and not from cable-connected clients?

Brb...

Still no luck, same response via wifi-connection.

I really need to learn more linux so I can troubleshoot this with more success.

Php -v looks good, just seems that php isn't parsing the file serverside. And yes, all the mods has been done, and all(?) variants has been tested. NyanCat works like a charm, but I think that my freeloading neighbours are getting tired of it... :rolleyes:

[edit] Access rights? Since php was installed by root I guess that I dont't need to fiddle with chmod, or...?

Edited by WiFiN00b