Pineapple Case

I've got an original gameboy and it has battery space for 4 AAs. I haven't kept up with what people are using but I'm sure that you could fit any type of battery you'd need in that.

If you could get it to output something on the screen, that would be cool! If not, just replace it with a pineapple sticker!

You could probably tap the buttons and use them to turn the device on and off, maybe even tie them to the gpio and use as direct input to the fon.

I've got an original gameboy and it has battery space for 4 AAs. I haven't kept up with what people are using but I'm sure that you could fit any type of battery you'd need in that.

If you could get it to output something on the screen, that would be cool! If not, just replace it with a pineapple sticker!

You could probably tap the buttons and use them to turn the device on and off, maybe even tie them to the gpio and use as direct input to the fon.

This sounds like an epic idea... I just thought about another one though...

What about a sprite can? Would it be too small for it?

That is the one I've got sat next to me right now. I reckon it would fit

Yeah that's the one I was thinking. Should be able to fit one in that, I've fitted a routerboard in one before and used the power switch for on/off and the buttons to reset. You can get them off ebay for under £10 fully working.

Apart from lack of time, the only thing stopping me doing it is the sentimental value of the gameboy. I bought it while travelling and it has been round the world with me. If I get the time I may have to get another one off ebay.

Q:why does your gameboy have an antenna?

A:It's an upgrade to play with the new DS.

if you had the antenna attached to an empty cartdrige in the game boy... Im starting to think about doing this myself :)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...